News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Dale tweets:

Kimmel read out a web post from someone who said Ford is racist, homophic, a drunk driver and domestic abuser.

Ford jokingly asked if that's the whole list, then: "I guess they don't talk about all the money I've saved."

So Wormtongue wrote a column tonight pre-emptively crowing about Robbie's triumphant Kimmel appearance. Which uh, was quickly pulled from the Sun site as soon as the Twitter reviews started rolling in. Hahahaha.

The article is shameful on every level. That he wrote it without even seeing the show is the worst sort of journalism. That he thinks Kimmel passed up a chance to have Leo DiCaprio or whoever on the show in favour of Ford shows he knows as little about this stuff as Ford does. It's not a matter for dispute - Wormington has entirely and completely crossed the line, ESPECIALLY since we know he helped set up the TV appearance in the first place. he sincerely seems to think that good TV ratings is enough to justify the man's mayoralty. He just has no idea what he's even talking about anymore.

ha- Goldsbie tweeted the article was "Sort of like a prematurely-published Chinese-state-media report about the successful launch of a rocket that in fact blew up mid-air."

Is it wrong that I hate Wormtongue and the rest of the enablers who hold jobs in CFRB, CP24 (LeDrew), AM640 and Sun more than Ford himself?

So Wormtongue wrote a column tonight pre-emptively crowing about Robbie's triumphant Kimmel appearance. Which uh, was quickly pulled from the Sun site as soon as the Twitter reviews started rolling in. Hahahaha.

It is yet another new low for Warmington. As if he believes that the Rodney King beating, trial, and subsequent riots didn't reflect poorly on Los Angeles. Uh, yeah Joe, there is such a thing as terrible publicity for a city. In LA's case, the King affair painted LA as a racially intolerant cesspool with deep class and racial divisions. In the case of Ford, his refusal to step away from the spotlight creates the false impression that Toronto is some sort of hick outpost, rather than the cosmopolitan metropolis those of us who live here know and love.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, the Globe is saying Kimmel poked only "gentle fun." (Apologies if this has been posted upthread.)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...icle17237758/?click=tglobe#dashboard/follows/

"“I was going to be honest, because they’re going to try to nail us on every little aspect,” he said. “Jimmy Kimmel paid for one dinner. One dinner. We paid for everything else.” Council’s code of conduct prohibits councillors and mayors from accepting gifts worth more than $500 except in a few very specific circumstances."

This screams: we wanted people to believe that someone had funded this trip for us, because Rob is such a big shot, but then people informed us that it would break rules, so now we're telling the truth. That we orchestrated and paid for this whole thing.

Except that's about 10 times more insightful than Doug will ever be. So it's more like "you ninny's called us out and that makes me mad".

are the Fords flying back tonight? LAX shows 3 flights departing to Toronto at 10 pm their time (that's 1 am here, arriving in Toronto with the time difference around 6 am??)

Daniel Dale tweets:

Kimmel read out a web post from someone who said Ford is racist, homophic, a drunk driver and domestic abuser.

Ford jokingly asked if that's the whole list, then: "I guess they don't talk about all the money I've saved."
Wait, is Kimmel reading nfitz's posts here?

are the Fords flying back tonight? LAX shows 3 flights departing to Toronto at 10 pm their time (that's 1 am here, arriving in Toronto with the time difference around 6 am??)

Yup. There was a pic of them at the airport on Ford's twitter feed.

Yup. There was a pic of them at the airport on Ford's twitter feed.

I see
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 15m
Mayor Rob Ford post-Jimmy Kimmel interview RT @a_massoudi @TOMayorFord taking some photos at #LAX on our way out. pic.twitter.com/DXKIXcf947

Can someone report if the previously posted link to stream live is working for them? I'm getting nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back