153     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 331     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 690     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed that those bobbleheads look a lot more like Doug than Rob?

Yes, they look NOTHING like Rob.

Doug's hubris and need to put himself front and centre is Astounding. For example on the videos, when you think about it, the mere fact of his presence is mystifying. No other mayor, or mayoral candidate, has an omnipresent sidekick like that. He does not get that this is not about him.

In "polite social situations" I tend to avoid topics such as religion, politics and sex.

I prefer the conversation to be cheerful.

I just tend to avoid "polite social situations" as much as I can. They are literally no fun for someone who hates inane small-talk.

"When you call Rob or Doug's office for help, are you comfortable giving your personal information to convicted criminals who use drugs and hire prostitutes?"

Yeah, exactly. What happens if you get on the bad side of one of them? Is that a chance you want to take?

Doug's hubris and need to put himself front and centre is Astounding. For example on the videos, when you think about it, the mere fact of his presence is mystifying. No other mayor, or mayoral candidate, has an omnipresent sidekick like that. He does not get that this is not about him.

Doug is just looking out for his little brother, just the way Mother Ford has instructed. Remember, Doug is the smart one, Rob's the athlete in the family.:D

The most telling thing about the bobbleheads is that they show that not only doesn't Rob know he has a drug problem, he also doesn't know he's FAT. Talk about lack of self-awareness.

Serious question: Would it actually be permissible for the Ford campaign to raise money by selling bobbleheads? I've been checking out the city's campaign rules here, but I'm not sure where it would fall within the rules.

I gather things like button sales are okay, but it still seems sketchy.

I don't imagine Doug to be able to keep his mouth shut, so I think we can expect a statement like 'You're all bullies for questioning why a repulsive lying thug like me associates with criminals in my personal/business dealings. Sorry for not being perfect'.

Probably because he dropped out of university, and has never held a real job that would involve networking and developing friends and associates in related professions, Rob only seems to know:
-councilors, who he hates for daring to oppose or contradict him
-old "friends" from the high schools days when Doug was dealing.
-current drug connections

Serious question: Would it actually be permissible for the Ford campaign to raise money by selling bobbleheads? I've been checking out the city's campaign rules here, but I'm not sure where it would fall within the rules.

Let them sell t-shirts, bobbleheads, crack pipes, it won't make any difference. They won't make much money, and it just shows how desperate they have become.

Fund-raising
s 1(1), 67(2.1), 73 of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996
Fundraising functions are events or activities for the purpose of raising money for a candidate's campaign. The event or activity can only be held during the candidate's campaign period.
Types of events
There can be events where an admission charge applies. Examples of these events are dinners, dances, garden parties, etc.
There can also be events where there is no admission charge. Example of these events are auctions, button sales, etc.
The full amount of the admission charge is a contribution and a receipt must be given to the person purchasing the ticket. Remember, any admission charges over $25 cannot be paid in cash. If the price of the event is over $100, the person's name and address must be listed on the candidate's financial statement.

What is not a fund-raiser
Events or activities that are held to promote public awareness of a candidate, even though the candidate may receive contributions from them
Promotional materials where seeking contributions is secondary

I don't know, but as usual Ford tactics are sleazy. Selling bobbleheads at NPS was started as a means of raising money for United Way. So now using that as a limited-run marketing test and then turning around and selling more of them to profit his own campaign is really repugnant.

Last edited:
Let them sell t-shirts, bobbleheads, crack pipes, it won't make any difference. They won't make much money, and it just shows how desperate they have become.

Campaign funds low? Doug should create a clip of Rob smoking crack, shop it around to the tabloid press, and collect his campaign funding from the highest bidder. Although just showing Rob high is definitely not as valuable as it once was, maybe they can add a prostitute into the frame for added value.

I feel like the show is in danger of jumping the shark if it goes on too much longer. It's good now, but there's a real danger of it getting repetitive, and I'd like to see it go out while it's still on top, and not wear out it's welcome. I guess we'll know we're in trouble if a cute, sassy kid comes to live with Ford, or a tiny green alien only he can see starts helping him out of jams.

Actually, I'm not too certain the second one hasn't already happened.
Heh.
Great_Gazoo.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back