News   Jul 12, 2024
 326     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 687     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Now Magazine Nov 21st-28th 2013 by Enzo Di Matteo

"The Fords’ Deco Labels business seems to be the focus of more recent police attention. Doug says there’s been a cop parked outside for weeks."

Seems like Deco employees/bosses have a hard time keeping their noses clean. Is it too far a stretch to think these 80's hash dealing brothers evolved their street hustling business into something bigger? Their dad's business would be a nice little front. It's kinda crazy how many of these Ford buddies and employees have drug trafficking on their arrest records.

You're not being fair.....everyone has buddies with drug trafficking on their records!

Move on....next question

What do you say to the staunch Ford supporter whom you meet in polite social situations who seems otherwise calm and rational, but who goes off on a tangent when the mayor's current predicament is raised or his effectiveness as mayor is questioned? I try and politely refute their ludicrous assertions, but I'm finding that talking politics to a Ford Nationalist is like trying to discuss religion with a Scientologist.

Last edited:

"The Fords’ Deco Labels business seems to be the focus of more recent police attention. Doug says there’s been a cop parked outside for weeks."

Seems like Deco employees/bosses have a hard time keeping their noses clean. Is it too far a stretch to think these 80's hash dealing brothers evolved their street hustling business into something bigger? Their dad's business would be a nice little front. It's kinda crazy how many of these Ford buddies and employees have drug trafficking on their arrest records.

I honestly expect to read an article one day soon that begins:

"Forensic auditors today revealed the results of an extensive investigation into the finances of Deco Labels and Tags..."

What do you say to the staunch Ford supporter whom you meet in polite social situations who seems otherwise calm and rational, but who goes off on a tangent when the mayor's current predicament is raised or his effectiveness as mayor is questioned? I try and politely refute their ludicrous assertions, but I'm finding that talking politics to a Ford Nationalist is like trying to discuss religion with a Scientologist.

In "polite social situations" I tend to avoid topics such as religion, politics and sex.

I prefer the conversation to be cheerful.

Last edited:
I honestly expect to read an article one day soon that begins:

"Forensic auditors today revealed the results of an extensive investigation into the finances of Deco Labels and Tags..."

Why would Deco/Doug hire a guy in Hollywood, Florida to be a sales rep? It's not exactly a large city, like their other locations. Was it just a favour for an old buddy? The guy looks just as sleazy as Lisi, and I can't imagine him selling anything but dope. Why would they get mail at that address if the guy is not a real employee of Deco? Something is fishy in Florida.

OMG. I'm pretty sure that whole operation will vanish in the near future, but click the link just in case the full glory persists for a few more days.

First, there is the awesome typo:

Since many years, Rank Secure is considered to be the number one online reputation management service provider in this region because our time tasted strategies have delivered excellent result for all our clients.

Second, multiple gratuitous images of giraffes, and other stunning graphics. It would be impossible to make this kind of stuff up.

Note their office address. Guess there won't be many face-to-face meetings there? :rolleyes:

I don't imagine Doug to be able to keep his mouth shut, so I think we can expect a statement like 'You're all bullies for questioning why a repulsive lying thug like me associates with criminals in my personal/business dealings. Sorry for not being perfect'.

Deco being a front for money laundering is a thought that's come up more than once.

National Post headline - they could probably make more money by selling drugs.

Rob Ford's mayoral run could be partly funded by bobblehead sales, brother Doug muses
‘For all I know, we could have bobbleheads, T-shirts, ties, boxer shorts, sweat suits, jackets, whatever, and we could sell them,’ Councillor Ford said
I think Doug is going to go down as the worst campaign manager in the history of the city.
Other campaign managers mobilize their volunteers and work behind the scenes lining up donors; Doug sounds like a guy with a table at a flea market or making a silly pitch on Dragons Den.

Is the integrity commissioner so toothless that people aren't bothering to complain about the Fords any more? I'm pretty sure he isn't supposed to be campaigning while at city hall. And it seems like Doug has quit his job of representing constituents and is instead working full time on his brother's campaign.

I don't imagine Doug to be able to keep his mouth shut, so I think we can expect a statement like 'You're all bullies for questioning why a repulsive lying thug like me associates with criminals in my personal/business dealings. Sorry for not being perfect'.

IIRC he was hired last September, so even with all the shit going on with Lisi, Doug is still arrogant enough to hire a buddy with a record. Don't they know ANYONE without a criminal record?

I think you say "Okay, I have to go talk to a normal person now" and walk away. I'm pretty much done being polite with these morons.

"When you call Rob or Doug's office for help, are you comfortable giving your personal information to convicted criminals who use drugs and hire prostitutes?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back