When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause.

Last edited by a moderator:
To die, to sleep,
To sleep, perchance to Dream; Aye, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause.

Seriously, if that's what's running through your mind to exclusion of all else, please, please call somebody you know who can help you out.

More likely, if that's some kind of commentary on Rob Ford, just imagine the sheer impossibility of explaining to the o-so-large-but-o-so-small mayor what Shakespeare was all about. I think that kind of stuff gets under Doug's skin, but not in a way he would ever articulate.

Edit: I thought some more, realized most likely you were commenting on newearthling's uncomfortable dream.

Last edited by a moderator:
the quebec mayors have even more incentive to criticize ford - he's considered to be an oafish barbarian in quebec and expressing such a view is popular. for the mayors to say so publicly is basically to speak for quebeckers, like, there's an advantage for them there. i honestly don't think that ford could be less popular anywhere in canada than in quebec - he could probably even be elected mayor of some other towns, like winnipeg or edmonton, in quebec i doubt the courts would even allow him to run.

I wouldn't be surprised to see either Ford try to make the case that Blair's remarks were homophobic---"Saying he doesn't like being called that word means he thinks there's something wrong with it. do we really want someone so obviously biased against gay people in charge of our police force?"

the quebec mayors have even more incentive to criticize ford - he's considered to be an oafish barbarian in quebec and expressing such a view is popular. for the mayors to say so publicly is basically to speak for quebeckers, like, there's an advantage for them there. i honestly don't think that ford could be less popular anywhere in canada than in quebec - he could probably even be elected mayor of some other towns, like winnipeg or edmonton, in quebec i doubt the courts would even allow him to run.

Nope!
Why do Winnipeg kids love their city? Because Rob Ford isn't their mayor
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dailybrew/winnipeg-students-why-love-city-high-list-no-152132113.html

Ford may be a drunken crack head, but compared to some of the recent mayors of Quebec cities, Ford is relatively harmless. Montreal's Michael Applebaum arrested for fraud and corruption. Laval's Gilles Vaillancourt arrested for gangsterism. And that's just in the last twelve months. Since April 2012, six Quebec mayors have been arrested,
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2013/11/20131128-120048.html I'm surprised Ford didn't bring that up, though that might have been the straw on Blair's back.

Last edited:
Ford may be a drunken crack head, but compared to some of the recent mayors of Quebec cities, Ford is relatively harmless. Montreal's Michael Applebaum arrested for fraud and corruption. Laval's Gilles Vaillancourt arrested for gangsterism. And that's just in the last twelve months. Since April 2012, six Quebec mayors have been arrested,

You can't make that statement this early in the game, my friend.

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/politics/archives/2013/11/20131128-120048.html I'm surprised Ford didn't bring that up, though that might have been the straw on Blair's back.
As the saying goes,
Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

I thought that was only to replace jurors who can't be present or drop out for some reason - illness, death, incarceration whatever.

Jurors can be kicked off for misconduct; many of those get the boot for posting opinions to social media, etc.

My point being that a die-hard Ford National that made it past jury selection could be found out during the trial, and an alternate brought in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back