803     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 614     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't have to make sense. It only has to make sense to them. Who knows what idiot schemes these morons are plotting? It really does look like they are trying some tactical approach to the situation.

I don't think Blair would have made the comments today if the Fords had anything on him at all. The thing with the Fords is that they really do think they're smarter than everyone else, as has been shown repeatedly. They think that they have all of the credibility so they blow hot air thinking no one will ever call them on it. And worst of all, they really do not ever learn their lesson when this stuff backfires. They are the definition of hubris and entitlement. The interesting thing about all of this is that they haven't gone after Sgt Giroux with the same fervour they've gone after Blair. Giroux flat out said he was investigating criminality in the Mayor's office, and the doofus' have said nothing. They think Blair is an easy target. Also, since Blair isn't the one heading up the investigations into any of the Mayor's issues, even if they can paint Blair as biased, it does nothing to the case against them. They're idiots, plain and simple.

From NP:

"Councillor Ford maintained it’s inappropriate for the chief to go on that fishing trip. Then he pulled John Tory, a mayoral candidate, into the fray, by revealing that Mr. Pringle is raising money for his campaign.

“In my opinion [Chief Blair is] part of the old boy’s club. He’s good friends with Andy Pringle, he’s good friends with John Tory and isn’t it a coincidence John Tory is running for mayor. And the chief is very political against the mayor. Put the dots together,” said Councillor Ford.

Erika Mozes, a spokeswoman for John Tory’s campaign, confirmed that Mr. Pringle is co-chair of Mr. Tory’s fundraising. “We are delighted! He is a well known community activist and philanthropist,” she wrote in an email.

“Andy donated to Mayor Ford’s last campaign and the Fords encouraged him to join the police commission. There appears to only be a conflict if you don’t support Mayor Ford. This is just another Ford farce.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...f-says/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I don't think they want to 'cover for him', it's just a bit gauche to shit-talk your 'coworkers' even if they're terrible. If Nenshi said Ford wasn't a distraction, that means he is saying he wasn't personally distracted by Ford, which true or not is a quality you want to have in a mayor. You could interpret it as him saying that he was focused on his work.

I think it's pretty clear Nenshi holds opposing views to Ford on practically every issue but he still plays nice with the other kids; I like that about him.

Dunno about Hazel she's just weird.

The fact that he wasn't being a distraction doesn't mean he should be there or that the other mayors shouldn't have all had the courage to say what they really think about him. Hazel sounded like a doting grandmother trying to make more excuses for her wayward grandson. If I had a coworker who was an abusive lying drug-using drunk who only worked a few hours a day I'd bitch about that person to anyone who asked. Enough with the politeness and decorum, Ford shouldn't have even been allowed in the conference room in the first place. Would anyone have ever imagined 20 years ago or even 5 years ago that there would be a day where the most positive thing that could be said about a mayor of Toronto was gratefulness that he wasn't being out of control?

Last edited:
Yes. I undertook that search back when the video first came out and linked it to this:

View attachment 23137
http://warrenkinsella.com/2012/12/rob-ford-party-animal/

(So December 6th, Bloke and 4th)

I looked through literally thousands of Ford pics and couldn't find another, except some kind of press conference about a park or something (I can't remember) from roughly the same time. He hasn't worn that tie in any photos from 2013 to present.

I put 5 bucks on that being Jeremy Diamond in the background.

Last edited:
The fact that he wasn't being a distraction doesn't mean he should be there or that the other mayors shouldn't have all had the courage to say what they really think about him. Hazel sounded like a doting grandmother trying to make more excuses for her wayward grandson. If I had a coworker who was an abusive lying drug-using drunk who only worked a few hours a day I'd bitch about that person to anyone who asked. Enough with the politeness and decorum, Ford shouldn't have even been allowed in the conference room in the first place. Would anyone have ever imagined 20 years ago or even 5 years ago that there would be a day where the most positive thing that could be said about a mayor of Toronto was gratefulness that he wasn't being out of control?

Banning him only strengthens his case. He is still the official - and elected - mayor of Toronto. He had every right to be there. If anyone imagined a situation like ford has wrought, we'd have recall or removal legislation in place already.

You didn't quote my second sentence. They only need one Ford Nayshun person on the jury. Considering 20% of the population somehow still supports Ford ( and they can be easy to pick out from simple questions) they can use any lame brained defense they want.

As a bonus it helps them in the election - Blair and the police are part of the Star's conspiracy.

I never said it made sense, I just stated it's a defense. You get what you pay for with a hotmail lawyer.

One Angry Man. Cynical and cagey enough to be true. However, Jury selection is reasonably rigorous and in the event Rob's-alleged-involvement-in-crimina;-enterprise should happen, the Crown will surely do an equally rigorous sort n' sift. Still, that single, stark sentence in the reportage of the complaint suggests the levees are a'breakin' and all they have is Hotmail Hans Brinker. And the MIGHTY POWER of Six Sigma.

One juror could mess things up (if they don't plea to save the humiliation of a trial) but that just means another trial. Who cares? Let 'em go through the system like that if they want. It's not like you're going to get jury nullification.

Seriously, you guys are sounding a little crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back