43     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 865     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is one of Toronto's shining lights. I am really impressed with the way he handles things, first with the lawsuit and now with his questioning. He's firm but he's always polite and seems like a nice person to boot. Don Peat is also stepping it up and is a stark contrast to Warmington.

I agree about Don Peat, also Ben Spurr. In fact I started to make a list of all the journos who seem to have JUST HAD IT and are NOT TAKING IT ANYMORE - was also thinking Katie Simpson, Goldsbie, Strachan, Ed Keenan, bloggers like Daniel Stein - wow, there are so many and still i fear I'm leaving some out.

Dale stands out to me because of his noticeable recent shift in tone (for the better), and because of his relatively higher profile (for which we can thank Ford directly!).

Me too! I can just picture he and Wynne figuring out when they are going to make the announcement, then finding out robo was going to go to Ottawa on February 26th. They then look at each other and huge smiles spread over their faces and the announcment is secretly scheduled!

Yes, i grinned like a self-satisfied idiot when i read that :)

Lisi seems like the type that would posture quite hard. Him alluding to a time-frame really just makes him think that he looks like he is privy to some sort of inside information the investigators aren't. I wouldn't assume it means anything really, other than just saying things.

It's really just to suggest that Lisi knows that someone (the Fords?) has 'something' on Blair. But they don't, right? Certainly nothing to measure up to what the TPS has on Rob (and Doug too, please?).

I agree about Don Peat, also Ben Spurr. In fact I started to make a list of all the journos who seem to have JUST HAD IT and are NOT TAKING IT ANYMORE - was also thinking Katie Simpson, Goldsbie, Strachan, Ed Keenan, bloggers like Daniel Stein - wow, there are so many and still i fear I'm leaving some out.

Warren Kinsella and Andrew Coyne are pretty vocal as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funniest day of the Rob Ford campaign so far. Massoudi trying to explain this afternoon that it was all planned--priceless.

It's really just to suggest that Lisi knows that someone (the Fords?) has 'something' on Blair. But they don't, right? Certainly nothing to measure up to what the TPS has on Rob (and Doug too, please?).

If they had something substantial on Blair, and if I have watched enough TV and movies, then Brazen 2 would never have happened.

Funniest day of the Rob Ford campaign so far. Massoudi trying to explain this afternoon that it was all planned--priceless.

After he got called on changing the story, he went dead silent.

These are the types of geniuses in Rob's corner. Yikes.

Looks like this comment -- that someone here pointed out awhile back and was buried -- is picking up steam. Really looking forward to douggie's answer:

“The complaint was the chief’s comments may have compromised the mayor’s ability to have a fair and impartial trial in the event that he was charged,” he said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...core-of-doug-ford-s-complaint-chair-1.2551486

My guess is it will be something along the lines of "I was just covering all the bases because you never know with these guys, they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar and they're so entitled they might just arrest an innocent man because they're playing politics."

Last edited:

I've heard there's a rumour floating around in Toronto's legal community that the Fords had something on Blair. No other details unfortunately. If true, doubtful it's a letter to a watchdog agency.

Having said that, when I heard this, I was doubtful, given Project Brazen 2's public visibility.

Last edited:
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 4m
I asked Coun. Ford if he could comment on what the Chief told me earlier in a voicemail. Then sent him a text to let him know.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 6m
Doug Ford in response to my message: "Maybe you have not heard yet we don't talk to a trashy gossip rag paper like yours just my opinion."

He's such a dick.

I asked Coun. Ford if he could comment on what the Chief told me earlier in a voicemail. Then sent him a text to let him know.

Doug Ford in response to my message: "Maybe you have not heard yet we don't talk to a trashy gossip rag paper like yours just my opinion."

He's such a dick.

If they are asking candidate Rob Ford, I can get why Doug can answer in his place. Why do we accept Doug answering for Rob when Rob is asked questions as Mayor?

He's such a dick.

Maybe the Star should stop reporting on Mayor Rob Ford and start exclusively reporting "Mayoral Candidate Rob Ford" and just completely omit his City Hall Council and Administrative coverage in its entirety - Doug Fords coverage too while they are at it. Just cover the Brazen 2 stuff on a daily basis... and the drunken stupors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back