682     1 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 438     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
this was posted Feb 20 11:14 am
Von Grüning ‏@Von_Gruning 14h
Chillin' with Mayor @RobFordToronto at my place with him rockin' a @Von_Gruning made 'Ford Nation' hat #RobFord pic.twitter.com/dK7mzSYdiH
Bg7hnmqCMAAHyhh.jpg

she is a teenager who wants to be a fashion designer. website has her appearing on some "talented teens" segment of the Marilyn Dennis show or some silly daytime talk show. I guess she made him the hat. :rolleyes:

It's like he literally does not own any winter coats. Maybe he's just warm all the time.

So was he out in Scarborough on that day? I'm not finding any photos from the 20th where he's wearing that tie.

Interesting that she cited the @RobFordToronto account, which has not tweeted yet.

Think the hat would go well with a prison uniform though.

Damn, Ford actually did something nice: http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._ttc_ceo_to_ask_for_bus_for_fire_victims.html

He used a shelter bus to actually help people displaced by a fire and actually paid for their hotel stay. Campaign tactic or honest charity?

That puts candidates with less money than him at a disadvantage.

The TTC paid for the bus.

"Unlike the bus that took the football players back to school in 2012, this one was out of service, so Ford’s request did not inconvenience riders. The five-kilometre trip was 11 minutes long, he said. Ford then paid for the four displaced people to stay at a hotel."

Didn't mention if the four people were from the same family, or not.

We’re on call 24-7,” the mayor said.

Even when he is high?

Last edited:
If you look at the website it's not half bad! I want one of those ties!

She has studio space and all this freedom to start a business at 17 though, mom & dad must be reasonably wealthy and that pic looks like it's not exactly downtown, so demographics would make her parents likely Ford supporters. No doubt she does not give a crap about municipal politics and likes Ford only because her parents do, she can't even vote, if she even has a residence in Toronto.

Damn I really like those ties though.

The site says she started the business at 16, in 2011, which would make her 18 or 19 now. If she does vote, who knows what her actual vote would be?

I don't have a problem believing that GWB is smarter than he seems, or smarter than a large proportion of the general population. But smarter than 'you', as in any given reader of the article? That comes off as appeal to authority.

That's really all the author was saying, "smarter than you" is simply an attention-grabbing headline.

What he actually said was, to his students:
President Bush is smarter than almost every one of you.
which agrees with the whole "smarter than most people".

I don't doubt he's had some very public gaffes ;-)

Interesting that she cited the @RobFordToronto account, which has not tweeted yet.

She probably doesn't follow him or know what his Twitter is :p When you type @ in the Compose Tweet field on the main site, suggestions come up. She probably typed @RobFord and picked one of those.

ku-xlarge.gif

Is that the way mayors across Canada behave? If this guy gets voted back in, I don't think anyone will ever take the maturity of Toronto's government and its voters seriously again.

^Don't be such a stick in the mud. There's nothing wrong with enthusiastic displays. To me, this doesn't even make the list of Ford's problematic "behaviour".

this was posted Feb 20 11:14 am
Von Grüning ‏@Von_Gruning 14h
Chillin' with Mayor @RobFordToronto at my place with him rockin' a @Von_Gruning made 'Ford Nation' hat #RobFord pic.twitter.com/dK7mzSYdiH
Bg7hnmqCMAAHyhh.jpg

she is a teenager who wants to be a fashion designer. website has her appearing on some "talented teens" segment of the Marilyn Dennis show or some silly daytime talk show. I guess she made him the hat. :rolleyes:

I'm sure she doesn't care much about him personally or politically (why isn't she wearing a "Ford Nation" hat, and why aren't they for sale on her site?), but hey, it's great exposure and gets people talking about her, no? Fords demographics amongst younger voters sucks, so Ford too sees it as an opportunity to try and sway their vote (not bloody likely). Kato Kaelin got famous because of being tied to OJ Simpson, but it didn't help OJ any.

^Don't be such a stick in the mud. There's nothing wrong with enthusiastic displays. To me, this doesn't even make the list of Ford's problematic "behaviour".

I agree, but his enthusiasm is a little childish in its intensity. When I first saw it, it reinforced the idea in my head that Ford is still a huge man-child.

I agree, but his enthusiasm is a little childish in its intensity. When I first saw it, it reinforced the idea in my head that Ford is still a huge man-child.
Councillor Mark Grimes jumped two times. Is that also unacceptable behaviour? Or is two the limit?
Also, if Ford had sat in his chair, like some councillors did, and just politely clapped he would have been criticized for not showing a little bit of enthusiasm. Seriously, this guy can't win sometimes.

me too... and from her interviews. it feels like she often gives ford way too much credit. i'm all for fair and balanced, but not at the expense of truth.

I don't think Doolittle is the type to literally lie; I think she believes what she says. You have to find some way to explain the dissonance and Doolittle is too smart to assume that everyone who likes him is just an idiot.

Oh, relax. Most people would act excited when their team wins. There's nothing wrong or child-like about that. It doesn't mean he isn't a man-child, but not for this reason at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back