806     6 
News   May 31, 2024
 2.8K     1 
News   May 31, 2024
 979     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this week, Rob Ford told reporters he was already out campaigning for 2014. And today he revealed a new slogan.

i1tlJ.png

I think you are missing the point. Emergency services are a limited resource and is supposed to be saving lives and other, you know.....serious sh*t.
Vandalism is serious crime. If I see someone breaking and entering a store at 4 AM I shouldn't call 911? Lives aren't at risk there either.

Obviously you wouldn't do it for a by-law infraction, but a serious federal crime such as vandalism, in action, surely is a 911 situation.

What a joke this buffoon is.. He obviously isn't fit to run a hot dog stand, let alone a city.

If he abuses his city officials this way, obviously he doesn't give a shit about the welfare of the city, he only wants power. Him and his moronic brother.

This is almost getting boring now, as how this will play out is predictable. Ford will flatly deny ever having said those things. Then the tape will prove he did. Just like every other bare-faced lie he's been caught on.

Now...what do you call someone who continuously lies even when they know they will be caught in that lie....a pathological lier.

Vandalism is serious crime. If I see someone breaking and entering a store at 4 AM I shouldn't call 911? Lives aren't at risk there either.

Obviously you wouldn't do it for a by-law infraction, but a serious federal crime such as vandalism, in action, surely is a 911 situation.

IMO, not all acts of vandalism are of equal severity. If I saw someone smashing windows and destroying property I would think a 911 call could be warranted. That kind of vandalism is clearly an act of violence. If I saw someone spray-painting on a bridge pillar I would call the cops to report the incident, but I think 911 would be overkill.

MAYOR ROB FORD & MINORITY GROUPS

It was the Jewish high holidays this October 2011.

Unlike in the past decades, not only did Mayor Rob Ford’s Toronto Parking Enforcement Staff (Ellie Coles) give parking tickets in the area of Holy Blossom and Beth Tzedec synogogues, to cars in no parking/stopping zones, this T. Molinaro ticketed a car with a Disabled permit displayed;
And, the Ford administration would do NOTHING to rectify this injustice, nor accept any responsibility.

How do you interpret this kind of disrespect for minority groups.

a serious federal crime such as vandalism, in action, surely is a 911 situation.

The real question is....do I want to engage in such a sub-mental debate?

A burglary is obviously a serious crime that warrants calling 911. A kid tagging a wall is obviously not.

Go ahead and call 911 if you want, because 911 operators know how to prioritize the "emergencies". Do you really think they will dispatch Fire, Ambulance and Police to the scene of the alleged tagging? Of course they won't. They will either refer the call to the local police station or tell you to do so.

Either way you are wasting people's time who are there to save lives and deal with serious emergencies. Dialling 911 is not the only way to handle any law enforcement issue.

MAYOR ROB FORD & MINORITY GROUPS

It was the Jewish high holidays this October 2011.

Unlike in the past decades, not only did Mayor Rob Ford’s Toronto Parking Enforcement Staff (Ellie Coles) give parking tickets in the area of Holy Blossom and Beth Tzedec synogogues, to cars in no parking/stopping zones, this T. Molinaro ticketed a car with a Disabled permit displayed;
And, the Ford administration would do NOTHING to rectify this injustice, nor accept any responsibility.

How do you interpret this kind of disrespect for minority groups.

Is this a joke? If someone broke the law, it doesn't matter if it is holiday or not. If it says no parking, they DON'T park there. Pretty simple, no?

What an epic quote! “You … bitches! Don’t you fucking know? I’m Rob fucking Ford, the mayor of this city!” - Mayor of Toronto - October 24, 2011.

I hope the recording of this call gets leaked, TMZ always gets 911 recordings :)

IMO, not all acts of vandalism are of equal severity. If I saw someone smashing windows and destroying property I would think a 911 call could be warranted. That kind of vandalism is clearly an act of violence. If I saw someone spray-painting on a bridge pillar I would call the cops to report the incident, but I think 911 would be overkill.

Damage to property is not "violence" if it's not accompanied by any physical harm to a (natural) person (or the threat thereof). Things are just things; they're not alive and shouldn't be treated with the same deference. Yes, vandalism is a crime. No, it is not a "violent crime".

Is this a joke? If someone broke the law, it doesn't matter if it is holiday or not. If it says no parking, they DON'T park there. Pretty simple, no?

Stop being such an anti-semite! This ticketing of illegally parked cars is like kristallnacht all over again. "First they came for the Hondas, but I do not drive a Honda, so I said nothing. Then they came for the Audis...."

CBC article on the whole "b*tches" affair: Rob Ford accused of verbally attacking 911 dispatchers

Great work, Mr. Mayor. Frivolously call 911 and then call the dispatchers "b*tches." What a way to run the city. :rolleyes:

Several police sources tell CBC News that Ford asked for police assistance but became agitated as he waited, and called back to ask when officers would arrive.

Sources say Ford turned on the dispatcher, yelling: “You … bitches! Don’t you f--king know? I’m Rob f--king Ford, the mayor of this city!â€

Recordings of the call have spread like wildfire throughout the police service — even though officially Toronto police spokesman Mark Pugash tells CBC News they can't discuss a private call to the 911 service.

Dispatchers sent a crew on high priority, arriving at his Etobicoke home 10 minutes after the call.

Appearing on CBC News Network on Thursday morning, CBC reporter Dave Seglins said dispatchers are "incensed" about the language Ford used during the 911 call and have complained to their union.

"The police force and the police brass are scrambling," Seglins reported. "This is a call the details of which are supposed to be private, but everyone within the police service, as we understand it, are talking about it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back