218     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 484     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.2K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find confirmation of this now, but I seem to remember reading that a couple of Doug's middle daughters are at Wilfrid Laurier. Karla went to Humber as well. Don't know where they've been heard to "proudly eschew education".

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I'm pretty sure you're right about the daughter at WLU.

Still, if we are examining the Fords and Kennedys in terms of education, I'm afraid that the comparison does not flatter the Etobicoke clan.

I just don't understand why Dennis Morris would say the following (taken from NP article):
“I know them both. I’ve had many conversations with her and she does pooh pooh this as a means of trying to embarrass him and minimize him as a mayor,” said Mr. Morris. “He acknowledges now that he does have some difficulties in terms of substance abuse and that’s alcohol,” he added, but the lawyer maintains the mayor has “turned over a new leaf.”

Are they trying to discredit Ford's wife?

Have the Fords ever tried to bully and/or discredit someone who might have something to say that casts them in a negative light?

I don't recall Ford drinking from the flask. The guys with him (or at least one them) were.

But again, apparently the footage has disappeared, so I guess it's irrelevant. Very strange that I can't find even a reference to it anywhere. I'm pretty sure I didn't dream it, because I remember staying up for another hour or so waiting for them to show it again, and they didn't. But, you know, don't go by me. If nothing turns up, chalk it up to an urban legend, I guess.

I saw the clip too. It was Ford, two guys in suits, and a forth man a bit more dressed down (wearing a football jersey?) IIRC. Ford the the dressed down guy on the left of the screen, the two guys in suits on the right, all of them standing in front of a doorway. One of the suits pulls out a brass coloured flask and takes a few swigs. I feel like he passed it to the other suit beside him, but Ford definitely did not take a drink (well on the the video anyway). I had CP24 on loop for several hours that morning/afternoon, I remember it happening.

I just don't understand why Dennis Morris would say the following (taken from NP article):
“I know them both. I’ve had many conversations with her and she does pooh pooh this as a means of trying to embarrass him and minimize him as a mayor,” said Mr. Morris. “He acknowledges now that he does have some difficulties in terms of substance abuse and that’s alcohol,” he added, but the lawyer maintains the mayor has “turned over a new leaf.”

Are they trying to discredit Ford's wife?

Hmm. Let's see what history shows us ...

Mr. Ford's lawyer, Dennis Morris, said in an interview that Mr. Ford called police on Tuesday because he was alarmed at his wife Renata's "irrational, out-of-control behaviour" and concerned about the safety of his child ren. Mr. Ford was arrested after he returned to the house Wednesday morning to get his clothes, and a dispute occurred, Mr. Morris said.

Toronto councillor called police night before arrest
Wife's 'irrational behaviour' prompted call to authorities, Ford's lawyer says

What's dennis Morris's relationship to the fords. Is he a like a long time family lawyer or friend of his dads?

He can't simply be the first lawyer they called who would defend rob ford.

I know certain wealthy families who have lawyers who back generations within the family.

Just listened to Robin Doolittle w/ Jian Gomeshi. Interesting tidbit re Renata - Ford always referenced her as a high school sweetheart - Doolittle found no trace of her during Rob's high school years (she's younger) and she's been married/divorced before. So, more Ford fiction. Is this book now available?

Just listened to Robin Doolittle w/ Jian Gomeshi. Interesting tidbit re Renata - Ford always referenced her as a high school sweetheart - Doolittle found no trace of her during Rob's high school years (she's younger) and she's been married/divorced before. So, more Ford fiction. Is this book now available?

It comes out tomorrow. Anyone who had it pre-ordered on Amazon had it shipped yesterday.

Ford arranged marriage?

What's dennis Morris's relationship to the fords. Is he a like a long time family lawyer or friend of his dads?

He can't simply be the first lawyer they called who would defend rob ford.

I know certain wealthy families who have lawyers who back generations within the family.

I seem to recall that Morris represented Randy in a case that involved kidnapping and a drug debt. It was in the G&M expose in May of last year....

Hmm. Did she go to a different high school?

I bought the Kindle version and it was shipped at 3:02am last night, while I slept! Way cool!!

Whoops, I thought today was the 2nd. Usually Amazon have it (physical book) delivered on the release date, but it looks like they dropped the ball this time. How fitting, seen as it's a book about Ford.

It comes out tomorrow. Anyone who had it pre-ordered on Amazon had it shipped yesterday.

It looks like you can get it today actually:

robyndoolittle ‏@robyndoolittle 30m
If anyone has any trouble buying Crazy Town at a Chapters show them this tweet. It's on sale today!! Cc @PenguinCanada

Edit: Just saw your correction above.

Last edited:
But aside from the vehicle registration tax, any claimed savings is either false or remain to be seen (such as garbage privatization). So, siding with Ford on this is without basis.

By cutting one source of revenue for the city, the revenue had to gotten from somewhere else. That's why property taxes and user fees have gone up, to make up for the money lost from the city's vehicle registration fee.

Property taxes could have been lower with the vehicle registration fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back