103     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 463     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.2K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess we won't be getting Phillip Seymour Hoffman to play Ford in a movie

http://nypost.com/2014/02/02/philip-seymour-hoffman-found-dead-in-his-apartment/

From Joe Warmington's Twitter:"I always thought he was going to play Mayor Rob Ford. So sad. Tremendous actor."

Norm Wilner tweeted at him that he should mention that to Rob next time he calls. The irony of PSH having apparently OD'd, of course, goes right over Warmington's head. Sad on many levels.

I'm in my mid 30's and live downtown. The only Ford supporter I know in real life is an old high school acquaintance - he's white, under employed, lives with his parents and has a burning anger at the world for ruining his life - specifically liberals, Liberals, unions, teachers, immigrants, the "elites" and of course downtown Toronto. He thinks Ford is the "best Mayor Toronto has ever had in my lifetime". He doesn't actually live in Toronto and we're no longer Facebook Friends because my Ford comments got me "unfriended'.

Sounds a lot like someone I know but that person is done with Ford. Little by little he is losing support, but I think a lot of his ardent, former supporters are not being very vocal.

I am a man so I didn't exactly feel threatened, just felt like it was a very strong departure from the image of the hard-working family man proud of his son that I had built up in the past 15-20 minutes. It's quite unsophisticated and gauche to say such things especially around strangers. But cab fare theft is still theft and this man wasn't pulling any tricks on me with the route that he took, so I simply gave him a lesser tip than the generous one I normally give.

I don't even want to judge the guy too harshly, lots of people talk like that among friends and I guess he considered me a friend now, I don't know. It was just strange.

I hear what you are saying about the theft. But a cabbie suddenly talking about that out of the blue would be very creepy to me, and I would think that he might be a sexual predator. So I would be concerned about my safety first and foremost.
Anyway, off topic.

24 reasons to be a member of Fraud Nation...

How to be a member of Frod Nayshun:

1. Don't subscribe to the Commie Network (they are full of libtards, including those who pretend to be the good old boys)
2. Neil Flagg is your friend
3. Watch only Sun News Network and read the Toronto Sun (when they attack Frod, use that to warm your house in case of ice storm)
4. Go into Fakebook and Sh!tter and sprout "truths"
5. Create a LinkedIn profile and have only like-minded people as your connections; resumé is not necessary
6. Don't absorb any facts or evidence that counter your viewpoints
7. Eat greasy artery-clogging food and wash it down in low-quality mass-produced heavily-advertised beer
8. Don't attend post-secondary education
9. Avoid anything rainbow-coloured
10. Smoke crack cocaine
11. Get an IQ well below 80
12. Fly a Confederate flag
13. Drive an SUV and mow down cyclists and transit riders while intoxicated
14. Blame the police when you go to jail; it's the lefties' fault as always and do use a Get out of Jail Free card
15. Remove your brain
16. Claim that Muslims are not real Canadians, since Muslims can't drink alcohol
17. Open as many Subway sandwich shops as possible in Scarborough
18. Use Frod math, rather than lefty math, to claim that billions of dollars are saved (despite not having anything saved in the first place)
19. Bring the Super Bowl to Toronto, but not the Olympics or the World Cup
20. Rewrite the Wikipedia articles of Rob Ford and related
21. Condemn UT
22. Make Toronto become another Detroit by privatizing everything
23. Bribe the poor to support you
24. Repeat all the above

JA: Good list here - something to remember for those that are against RF's re-election...

LI MIKE

Make no mistake, Rob Ford IS done. If the vote was tomorrow he'd lose. There is more to be reported that is coming out slowly, and the high likelihood of an arrest.

That's not to mention the fact that he is obviously back to abusing substances openly with a cavalier attitude, which is only going to add more crap to the pile. Rob Ford can continue to use his Jedi Mind Tricks to convey a fools narrative to the ardent members of his base. Make no mistake that his sole competition is to keep that base from dropping. That base as it stands is already woefully inadequate to lead to a win now, or in October. He is not going to be increasing his list of supporters under any circumstances at this point, and things are going to get worse from here on in.

Right now its all about strapping in and riding with the trainwreck until his inevitable demise in October. How we get there is the only thing up in the air at this point, and I for one am watching with great interest!

I don't think the bar has been lowered. We won't have to worry about another Rob Ford, because the loophole that has allowed him to keep his greasy fingers clutching the office will be closed the second he is gone.

Basic: Good thoughts here concerning RF's dwindling support from Torontonians...

I feel that the turnout for a Mayor election this year will be extra large due to the desire that most
Toronto citizens have that I believe do not want to see him re-elected...LI MIKE

While we're ranting about cabbie drivers: I know of one who does support Ford, believes the Star conspiracy theory of being out to get him, that Ford is being targeted because he's a conservative, will vote for him again, etc etc. Unfortunately that driver is my dad. I try to avoid the topic as much as possible.

I also knew of one friend who was also a Ford supporter, but moreso for his shenanigans and boorish behaviour. He also doesn't vote. Suffice to say I am no longer acquaintances with him but for unrelated reasons.

Last edited:
That's criminal theft under $5000

Every time I see your handle, here or stroking your Ford-on in r/toronto, I think "Blur Juice". Must be the bilingualism and photography (on my part). It's like, 'Oh, there's Jusbokeh, or Blur Juice again'. But anyone so relentlessly steadfast in their Fordamour is probably shot-gunning some kind of Blur Juice. As in 'that crack-mayor supporting person must be on some kind of Blur Juice'. Kind of like our mayor in Vancouver this weekend: "Duuude, Toronto's mayor was so high he looked Blur Juiced". So, yeah, Blur Juice.

Rob Ford has a piece of lovely cake!

[video=youtube;nIwrgAnx6Q8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIwrgAnx6Q8[/video]

Too bad he didn't get cheese or chicken. He has to do something about those open bra tops, though, it's disgraceful!

Rob Ford has a piece of lovely cake!

[video=youtube;nIwrgAnx6Q8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIwrgAnx6Q8[/video]

Too bad he didn't get cheese or chicken. He has to do something about those open bra tops, though, it's disgraceful!
Carl Orff died in 1982. It means that we cannot use his music without paying his estate when creating a professional commercial or film, as it is still covered under copyright.

The Orff estate is quite rich.

Again, who's minding the kids while he's out partying? I don't remember seeing Renata in the airport clip. Just very curious.

sorry if this has already been covered (i'm cathcing up again) but, where was doug?

price is doug's best friend, right? so doug should be in vancouver too, yes? so, where is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back