434     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 520     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 645     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dominating lineman was Bryan Maurice Young. Mr. Ford, then city councillor (2007) testified for him.

"At the time of the armed robbery, Mr. Young was on a bail granted on January 16, 2006. A condition of bail was not to have in his possession any weapons including amongst other things, specifically firearms."

"I heard from Mr. Rob Ford who had been a football coach to Mr. Young for a number of years. Mr. Ford is also a City of Toronto councillor."

"Mr. Young’s commitment to football stands out in stark contrast to just about everything else in his record. Mr. Ford testified that during the 4 years that he coached Mr. Young football, he never missed a practice or a game and was very dedicated and focused. He described Mr. Young as a person with a lot of talent – “one that might even still have talent in the professional leaguesâ€. Unfortunately, Mr. Young’s truancy at Don Bosco was so significant, that despite Mr. Ford’s concerted efforts to convince the principal to permit Mr. Young to attend the school, the principal refused given Mr. Young’s consistent and prolonged failure to report to most of his classes. Simply put, he was unwilling to have Mr. Young attend school just to play football."

http://canlii.ca/t/1qvq6

The dominating lineman was Bryan Maurice Young. Mr. Ford, then city councillor (2007) testified for him.

"At the time of the armed robbery, Mr. Young was on a bail granted on January 16, 2006. A condition of bail was not to have in his possession any weapons including amongst other things, specifically firearms."

"I heard from Mr. Rob Ford who had been a football coach to Mr. Young for a number of years. Mr. Ford is also a City of Toronto councillor."

"Mr. Young’s commitment to football stands out in stark contrast to just about everything else in his record. Mr. Ford testified that during the 4 years that he coached Mr. Young football, he never missed a practice or a game and was very dedicated and focused. He described Mr. Young as a person with a lot of talent – “one that might even still have talent in the professional leagues”. Unfortunately, Mr. Young’s truancy at Don Bosco was so significant, that despite Mr. Ford’s concerted efforts to convince the principal to permit Mr. Young to attend the school, the principal refused given Mr. Young’s consistent and prolonged failure to report to most of his classes. Simply put, he was unwilling to have Mr. Young attend school just to play football."

http://canlii.ca/t/1qvq6

“If it wasn’t for this football, these kids just wouldn’t go to school. They’d have no reason to go to school… I use the football as a carrot.” - Rob Ford

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/22/to0523-moto-football/

Apparently even with football they didn't go to school...

Is it me or is it just too poignant that Rob Ford's former football team was nicknamed the "dirty birds".

Anyone know when about that nickname had been coined? Did it pre-date Rob?

I was kinda pulling your leg there...seriously I've never heard the term used other than in King's book and now....

I feel bad I failed to make that connection earlier!
Annie could teach Rob and Aedan a thing or two about how to take out someone's legs....

Anybody have any insight as to why Councillor Joe Mihevc is the go-to guy for ALL media outlets to get a "perspective/not-Ford" quote? Is he like super-friendly and easy to talk to? Does he like to hang out by the press gallery?

I feel bad I failed to make that connection earlier!
Annie could teach Rob and Aedan a thing or two about how to take out someone's legs....

well, not that the urban dictionary is a reliable source of info, but their first definition makes the most sense:

Diry Bird - A touchdown celebration created by Jamal Anderson for the 1998 Atlanta Falcons. The dance, which consisted of flapping arms to act like wings, was introduced when tight end O.J. Santiago celebrated his two-touchdown effort following a 41-10 victory at New England in early November. The fever it generated captivated a national audience as well as brought the Falcons to the front of the Atlanta sports scene.

Belieb It

20140130GladHand.jpg

Attachments

• 20140130GladHand.jpg
    20140130GladHand.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 412
Not about Ford, but of interest given how often on this forum it is lamented that Ford supporters never read past the headline and so the press often ends up helping him by using the latest BS as the headline (e.g., 'Ford: The gravy train is back, folks') and only challenging it, if at all, in the body of the story (versus a headline such as 'Today's BS from Ford: [insert quote]'). The thesis of the article is that, while fewer and fewer people read newspapers, it also is the case that few internet users read the news on-line either.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/elements/2014/01/doesnt-anyone-read-the-news.html

Last edited:
Anybody have any insight as to why Councillor Joe Mihevc is the go-to guy for ALL media outlets to get a "perspective/not-Ford" quote? Is he like super-friendly and easy to talk to? Does he like to hang out by the press gallery?

I thought Adam Vaughan was the left-wing go-to guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back