2.3K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, Douggie is back:
Jamie Strashin ‏@StrashinCBC 26s
Doug Ford's narrative: "Let me tell you how it works down here, the council is against Rob, the media is against Rob"

wah, wah wah ....

I just had a thought. If the cops and crown do you have something on Ford, something that he can be arrested for, is it possible that they are holding out until after the election? Perhaps they don't want to charge him while he's in office so they're hoping he's voted out and then they'll proceed? They do have the luxury of waiting, it's not like the mayor will flee the country.

I just hope they wait until after the $50M savings fairy drops by city hall tomorrow... I don't think they will wait that long if it's something as big as it would need to be to even be pressed at this point.

I just had a thought. If the cops and crown do you have something on Ford, something that he can be arrested for, is it possible that they are holding out until after the election? Perhaps they don't want to charge him while he's in office so they're hoping he's voted out and then they'll proceed? They do have the luxury of waiting, it's not like the mayor will flee the country.

I think they would receive a LOT of criticism if they did that.

I think they would receive a LOT of criticism if they did that.

Exactly. They have professional standards of conduct they're expected to fufill. That may not always be the way things really work out in real world terms, granted, but the police, especially, are supposed to be above any kind of political gameplaying. If they truly have something on Ford, something serious - and my God, do I hope that's the case - then they should bring the hammer down on him without screwing around.

I don't think the cops would be allowed to get cute with timing any potential arrests. When/if they finally move against RoFo, if it looks like there's any funny business involved, they'd be handing the Fords an enormous opportunity on a silver platter to fight back. Which the rotten bastards will do anyway, no matter what. It would be best not to give them any legitimate ammunition.

I suppose. But if Lisi's trial (if it happens) doesn't begin until, let's say, the end of the year or early next year, then the timing will play right into the hands of the crown (if they do prefer for charges on Ford to occur until after he's voted out of office). Who knows. I want to believe that the cops aren't sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting. I would prefer if they moved in on him as soon as possible.

My bet is they have evidence of a number of smaller-scale crimes they could charge him for, but they're instead building their case for more major charges---i.e., I wouldn't be concerned that TPS doesn't have anything on Ford. They do.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/28/broncos-orlando-franklin-happy-rob-ford-wore-no-74-jersey

“I’m just happy any time someone wears a Broncos jersey,” Franklin said repeatedly. “I’m happy he supports me. After all, I’m from Toronto.”

Another popular query from inquisitors: “Do you know what’s going on with the mayor up there?”

Time for Franklin, 26, to put on his best politically-correct gameface. Again.

“Not really,” he said. “I haven’t really been following it.”

Then came this doozy from a TV talking head.

“Who do you think is crazier: Rob Ford or Justin Bieber?”

After raising his eyebrows in puzzlement at such a peculiar question, Franklin went with the troubled teen pop star.

“I’d have to go with Bieber,” he said. “Just all the stuff going on with him right now.

“He’s going through a big change the past few years. It’s unfortunate.”

Kara Ford, Rob's niece, has a tv show now.
fkoeaPI.png

Doug Ford: "Last night I had five textses from people who were sitting there..."

And I guess you don't mess with textses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back