567     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 578     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 279     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap. he arrives through the back door, spokesperson says he was 'stuck in the elevator for 45 minutes" -- which should be easy enough to verify -- then yelled "Get away from me!" at reporters and ran into the bathroom.

What a clown.

So, the ECOC CEO and some hotel staff apparently say that the elevator was indeed stuck. But I'm curious as to why no announcement earlier.

Doolittle:
The elevator was stuck for 45 minutes says a Hilton staffer whose last name is Osbourne.

Elliott:
"I know some of you have been waiting for a few minutes," says Ec Club of Canada head. Says she was also stuck in an elevator with the mayor

Give the guy a break. At least he's being honest -- given many of our mutual backgrounds and experiences with addiction, we can all agree that "stuck in an elevator" means: HOLY F*CK WHERE THE F*CK IS MY DEALER I'M JONESING MY BALLS OFF BLARGH.

Only question is, goin' up? Or goin' down?

Aren't the fire department usually dispatched to stuck elevator calls? I'm not seeing anything about an elevator on the list of incidents.

Why wouldn't the hotel let the Club know? And what does it matter that there was a lack of cell service in the elevator? The elevators that I've been in have emergency buttons and/or phones for this kind of thing.

"I took a business approach to politics. My father instilled that: you never let a customer down, you return every call personally and you go out to see them," he said. "They're the boss. When they say 'Jump', you ask 'How high?' It's fundamental. It's just courtesy and common sense."

You know, it's quite possible to keep customers "happy" while still short-changing them, or selling them shoddy merchandise. A fact of which every grifter is well aware.

The more chatter I hear and the more I read, I'm ever more convinced that the #1 reason a sizable group of the public still support Rob Ford is that they perceive him as being a victim of media hounding. They basically feel sorry for him.

It's frustrating. Apologists for Ford have managed to exploit the appearence of bullying, high falutin' snooty-snoot elitists picking on the special ed kid, and never mind that Ford's the demonstrable bully here. But the sheer, thick-skulled stupidity of the man actualy plays into this. And of course, like all bullies, the second anyone fights back, he begins to shriek about being persecuted. It doesn't exactly look good that the Fords and their allies are essentially confirming that, yes, he's genuinely a moron, but they're shameless enough to tout that fact as 'proof' that meanies are being mean to him.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m

"Get away from me!" Mayor Rob Ford just ran into the bathroom #TOpoli

It's hilarious. His Oafship is truly falling apart right before our eyes.

I was just listening to the feed on CP24 and had to turn it off. It is too painful listening to Ford give a speech. He is so bad at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back