877     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 503     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 728     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the issue was that he was wearing a security badge but was no longer part of the security team. Thought he was City Hall security prior to being dedicated to Ford. Ford's advance on his health outlook must have as much to do with having this taxpayer sponsored personal trainer and personal behaviour coach as it does with Ford's ability to reform his life.

I've always wondered if Rob is gay. He married Renata when he was over 30 years old, but they claim to have met in high school. Something doesn't add up.

Meeting up with men in darkened parking lots, going off into the woods with them for hours at a time...

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. And Rob absolutely absolutely wouldn't consider himself gay, it'd just be a couple of guys goofing off.

All this source and rumour stuff can be very circular. Someone sees one of Metroman's posts here about something supposedly coming done sometime soon, goes to Twitter and posts 150 characters with some little embellishment based on that, someone sees that post on Twitter and comes back here thinking that's added information to what Metroman said a couple days before.

I thought Ford's fawning admiration of some young guy's muscles on drunken walk down the Danforth night was a big red flag. But who knows. I've been surprised that no one, except a social worker broker trying to sell the Star a video, has really stepped forward with any dirt on Ford. Not former football players, not relatives (including the sister's exes) or friends of family, no prostitutes or party pals, not anyone in Ford's office (except when questioned by police), not any small-time drug dealers or gang members, not any desperate friends who live in their parents' basements. You'd think given all the attention, including from international media, and the aimlessness of many of Ford's associates, that there'd be lots of people rushing forward to tell their crazy Rob Ford stories.

Who knows that they haven't? We should know by now that one person making a claim isn't enough for the papers to run with. They need something airtight with authentification from several sources. I bet The Star in particular is sitting on a pile of stories they can't do anything with.

Who knows that they haven't? We should know by now that one person making a claim isn't enough for the papers to run with. They need something airtight with authentification from several sources. I bet The Star in particular is sitting on a pile of stories they can't do anything with.

They might. But they also might not.

I think you may have misread what I was saying. Basically, while Ford may be homophobic on some levels (and there's proof of that), we have zero proof that he's actually gay. Thereby, he wouldn't meet that test and shouldn't be "outed."

It's easy to misread signs amongst the heterophobia.

Remember this detail from a Star report back on Oct. 3? Via the Metro News web site:

Ford’s friendship with Lisi over the years has included many trips to the Air Canada Centre to watch the Maple Leafs, most recently during their recent abbreviated playoff run. At that event, Ford and Lisi disappeared together into a small washroom in the director’s lounge, with no explanation given when they emerged.

According to someone on Twitter at the time, said washroom was of the single-user variety.

Last edited:
A little sidestep. Ford likes to credit businesses as the job creator:

BeNVHg3CEAAChzP.jpg

https://twitter.com/CarriWeatherwax/status/424276377458577408/photo/1

Attachments

• BeNVHg3CEAAChzP.jpg
    BeNVHg3CEAAChzP.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 486
http://globalnews.ca/news/1089037/gta-mayors-to-discuss-funding-cleanup-from-ice-storm/

Two things made me laugh: One, Rob being smacked down by Hazel. Two, seeing the Brampton mayor put her hand up, then looking over to see she and Ford were the only two with their hands up and likely wishing she could put her hand down so as not to be seen as his ally.

Hazel put him in his place, didn't she? Based on the look on Rob's face, I'm guessing he wished he hadn't saved her from going overboard into the lake last summer:D

Bounce gala brings together don mckellar, mayor rob ford and wigged troubadors in support of the theatre centre

the inaugural fundraiser raised $130,000 and also acted as a teaser for the excitement that is yet to come. The 11,797 sq. Ft. Renovation will include a main performance hall, a lobby café, a rehearsal hall, gallery space, green room, green-roofed terrace and office space.

[...]

To everyone’s surprise, mayor rob ford showed up with his wife renata and children in tow. He made friendly chit-chat with the parts & labour chef who was overseeing a juicy roast on a spit, and posed for instagram photos.

http://www.shedoesthecity.com/bounc...d-troubidors-in-support-of-the-theatre-centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back