43     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 866     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got family with condos (one each, not a few :) ) in Hallandale and there are definitely inexpensive ones! Some of the higher end ones are fairly new so if the Fords bought a long time, they're probably pretty standard.

I'm impressed simply that he had the balls to do this. Early in his campaign, he took a crystal-clear stand on a huge and sensitive issue that could sink him or win it for him, IMO. He put himself out there and risked pissing some voters off in the hopes that many more would see the sense in his vision. We don't see too much of that anymore.

Agreed. The opposite of the loathsome, spineless, pandering politician whose only principle is getting elected.

Very refreshing. And as a result, Soknacki is currently the leading contender for my vote.

Desperate Doug spouting off yet again...

ddale8 2:11pm via Twitter for iPhone
Doug Ford also says he has two words for Premier Wynne: "Grow up."

I do not think anyone is saying Fords behaviour is ok. They are saying it is less bad than what other politicians have done. Many people would like nothing more than to have Ford lose the election, but when the list of candidates finally appears, the fact is that Ford will be compared to the others and not judged against a predetermined criteria of what a good leader should be.

Anyone who thinks that Ford is 'less bad' than anything short of a serial killer in office is in denial or being ridiculous. Ford is a completely incompetent Mayor who also happens to be a ridiculously addicted train wreck in his personal life. These two truths are intertwined.

I get that right-wingers would rather that Ford was not an incompetent crack addict. I get that right-wingers would also like the way-past-their-stale-date Ontario Liberals out of office, preferably replaced by the Conservatives. The second statement does in no way keep the first one from being true.

You're being absurd in saying that no one is saying his behaviour is OK. Tons of Ford Nation 'folks' are saying it all the time. You're also doing EXACTLY what PP explained -- you're deflecting. FORD IS TERRIBLE. So far, there are at MINIMUM three declared candidates light years better, because they're serious people, not crack-smoking incompetents. And I'm not counting rumoured candidates that have a 99% chance of declaring this winter/spring.

Last edited:
I can't believe this buffoon was crying on the Washington radio station about Wynne.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1h

More Two Mayors stuff today: Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly will also be attending the area mayors' meeting tomorrow re ice storm money.

Doug Ford says Norm Kelly is like a guy crashing a party he wasn't invited to. Hazel McCallion, though, says he's welcome.

Norm Kelly says it's important for him to be at the meeting, in part because he's the premier's contact person at the city.

Though Ford remains the city's official intergovernmental rep, Kelly dismissed the suggestion that he's overstepping his new powers.

-----

So does this mean both Kelly AND Ford are going? And please tell me this will be on tv somewhere because I'd love to see it!

I can't believe this buffoon was crying on the Washington radio station about Wynne.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1h

More Two Mayors stuff today: Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly will also be attending the area mayors' meeting tomorrow re ice storm money.

Doug Ford says Norm Kelly is like a guy crashing a party he wasn't invited to. Hazel McCallion, though, says he's welcome.

Norm Kelly says it's important for him to be at the meeting, in part because he's the premier's contact person at the city.

Though Ford remains the city's official intergovernmental rep, Kelly dismissed the suggestion that he's overstepping his new powers.

-----

So does this mean both Kelly AND Ford are going? And please tell me this will be on tv somewhere because I'd love to see it!

Since Ford likes to save a buck or two, I suggest they carpool. Always thinking of the taxpayer, of course.

Saw this on twitter, things might be heating up:

Music&Politics Radio
‏@scmusicpolitics
#TOpoli hearing rumblings that Ford/Lisi is about more than just drugs...

Saw this on twitter, things might be heating up:

Music&Politics Radio
‏@scmusicpolitics
#TOpoli hearing rumblings that Ford/Lisi is about more than just drugs...

Um yeah... it could also be about extortion, possible conspiracy to commit (fill in the blank).... just a guess tho.

And in all this time Doug never went after the Globe and Mail to refute their story about his younger years...

Last edited:
McCallion won't put up with antics from Ford. Photo ops are one thing, but she takes her meetings seriously and won't waste time on him.

That would be priceless to seem him get into it with her... he'd say something like "She's a sweet old lady" and she'd counter "he's dumber than my son".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back