852     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.3K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.9K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Globe story with quotes from Rob Ford's letter ...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/rob-ford-apologizes-again-to-reporter-over-remarks/article16045517/#dashboard/follows/

Wow. Somebody got Rob in a painful grip and got him to sign a letter.

TO journos probably don't need UT advice to watch Rob like a hawk to see if/when he screws up and tells somebody he didn't really mean it when he retracted his allegations.

If Rob's political viability somehow survives into the 2014 election season (please, please, no), I really hope the opposing mayoral campaigns have the skills to shred him over this disgusting episode.

Last edited:
So this wasn't another of Ford's "I'm sorry if you were offended" non-apology "apologies?" The retraction and apology were actually sincere this time? Or were sufficiently faked to appear so?

Add me to the list of those disappointed that Mayor Moron isn't going to get his enormous ass handed to him in court, but, yeah, I gotta agree with the above sentiments: I can't blame Dale in the slightest for not wanting to go through such a long, dragged-out process that has no guarantee of justice in the end. Ford actually winning this one - God knows how, but it could have happened - would not have been a pleasant outcome to witness.

His lawyer wrote it sincerely but I doubt Ford really is sincere. He had the chance to back off his comments the next day and said repeatedly "I stand by my words" and also told people to watch the show. There is nothing sincere about him. But this letter will do some damage as he has been telling the same story since May/2012 and now he's had to say he was lying both then and on the show.

Ford will almost certainly brush this off in the future as, "Those weren't my words. My lawyer wrote it, and told me to sign it. I still stand by everything I said about Daniel Dale."

Now, whether or not Dale has the stomach to pursue this further at that point is another question....

With 33 hours left in the campaign, it has raised a mere $3,403 of its $50,000 goal. Some of that money came from people who were clearly donating as a joke ("Tony Montana", I'm looking at you). So, an unsurprising failure.

<snip>

Not to be persnickety or anything, but isn't that indiegogo link a seemingly different campaign set up by fussy and temperamental tennis great James McInroe? The Iain McLaren one is different?

Last edited:
Ford will almost certainly brush this off in the future as, "Those weren't my words. My lawyer wrote it, and told me to sign it. I still stand by everything I said about Daniel Dale."
Ford will probably go home tonight, crack open a beer, sit down, read the letter, and have a big laugh.

Or Doug will provide his moral outrage tomorrow and belch up the Daniel Dale lie again next week, or at a later date of his choosing...

When Ford gets arrested I will be disappointed if it's only one or two charges, even if they're large ones. I'm just getting tired of his supporters acting as if these are all just isolated incidents: Only trying crack the once, appearing in a photo in front of a crack house by pure chance, getting a little too drunk a few times, etc.

I want the charges to really illustrate this isn't a guy who's made a few mistakes here and there but a guy who goes out looking for trouble as part of his daily routine.

He, or we, need(s) a 'Family Circus' style dotted line-style Billy-walked-home-this-way chart to illustrate his peregrinations at this point....the park, the crackhouse...city hall...the white limo...etc. Aaaah, the adventures of innocent youth. Thanks, Bill Keane! Remember kids, Grampy's watching from the clouds!

Or Doug will provide his moral outrage tomorrow and belch up the Daniel Dale lie again next week, or at a later date of his choosing...

Usually I don't cheer for the bad guys to do shitty things, but if Doug did that in a way that ultimately made him pay 7-figure damages in a libel case, that would be AWESOME.

Usually I don't cheer for the bad guys to do shitty things, but if Doug did that in a way that ultimately made him pay 7-figure damages in a libel case, that would be AWESOME.

One would expect the fortress has been shimmying with excitement today, after Hotmail's "That didn't appear to be crafted by a lawyer" thing. So advice has been given, taken and rendered. Oh, accepted by the plaintiff too. The Dougie interjection is just irritating noise at this point. Outside of Znaimer, this little mediaplay's over. Innit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back