167     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 977     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.9K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denis Morris is a talking monkey. In today's interview he says that there is no need for council 'cause Robbie apologied, then in the middle of the interview he brings up the Liberals and the the present bruhaha. This guy is a joke.

Yes, but if even Rob's own brother believes that Dale was in the back yard, it's not hard to see how Rob's lies have damaged Dale's reputation.
So what? It would be normal for one's own brother to believe. More importantly,those lies were broadcasted accross Canada and the newspapers have been full of Fordites who believed Ford's account. THAT'S what damages Dale's reputation.

I think you're missing a big point here. Rob, in his "apology" did not unreservably retract all his statements regarding where Mr. Dale was and what he did. That's what the libel notice demanded that he do. Rofo has only retracted the pedophile insinuation and even this was unconvincing and half-assed. With respect to allegations that Dale took photos or was on his property, etc., etc., he retracted nothing but took relish in repeating, again and again, his account of what his neighbour told him he saw.. Ford specifically also said he saw Mr. Dale in a place quite far from where the reporter claimed to have been.

All Doug is doing -- and I expect he will continue to do it -- is repeat his brother's unretracted story while Rob shuts up. Dale is very unlikely to sue Doug for one-to one commnets he might make.

Dale can and should continue with his law suit. His demand was not met. The apology was only partial, it was late and it was insincere.

So what? It would be normal for one's own brother to believe. More importantly,those lies were broadcasted accross Canada and the newspapers have been full of Fordites who believed Ford's account. THAT'S what damages Dale's reputation.

He can believe what he likes, but when he believes it out loud in the presence of City Hall reporters, that's something else altogether.

I think you're missing a big point here. Rob, in his "apology" did not unreservably retract all his statements regarding where Mr. Dale was and what he did. That's what the libel notice demanded that he do. Rofo has only retracted the pedophile insinuation and even this was unconvincing and half-assed. With respect to allegations that Dale took photos or was on his property, etc., etc., he retracted nothing but took relish in repeating, again and again, his account of what his neighbour told him he saw.. Ford specifically also said he saw Mr. Dale in a place quite far from where the reporter claimed to have been.

Other than the Press Club, I'd say this board is the last place I'd expect to find many people missing that point. Not sure who you think missed it, or why.

All Doug is doing -- and I expect he will continue to do it -- is repeat his brother's unretracted story while Rob shuts up. Dale is very unlikely to sue Doug for one-to one commnets he might make.

I don't see Dale sueing Doug, and yet Doug did more than make a "one-on-one comment". Also, it is probably safe to assume that the day Rob Ford shuts up will be the day before we read his obituary.

Dale can and should continue with his law suit. His demand was not met. The apology was only partial, it was late and it was insincere.

Agreed!

This non-apology does not:
Daniel Dale said:
immediately retract the false insinuation that I am a pedophile and all of his false statements about my conduct on May 2, 2012. I’m also asking Ford and Vision-owner ZoomerMedia to apologize immediately ‘publicly, abjectly, unreservedly and completely.’ If Ford does not do so, we’ll see if he is willing to repeat his lies under penalty of perjury.”

...and so Dale must surely press on.

Last edited:
It's also the most politically savvy approach- no doubt he was told to do this by his brother or his handlers- give the barest minimum of "apologies" to ward off a court case which could lead him testifying at the stand (no doubt he would have blabbed off there). Now Dale has to withdraw his court case or he'll look vindictive, going after Ford even after he apologized. Or that's what the Fords (mostly Doug) will say.

There is no going forward with this, the case is now settled.

Wow, did this comment come directly from the mind of Rob Ford?

Wow, did this comment come directly from the mind of Rob Ford?

He's right though. Most media outlets are reporting that Ford apologized. If Daniel Dale takes the stance that the apology did not meet the criteria set forth by his lawsuit, he will look like a weasel to the public. It was a smart play by Ford.

He's right though. Most media outlets are reporting that Ford apologized. If Daniel Dale takes the stance that the apology did not meet the criteria set forth by his lawsuit, he will look like a weasel to the public. It was a smart play by Ford.
Sad but true. Both CBC and the Star sent out "breaking news alerts". Most people will just see the headline, as per usual, and not listen to or read what Ford actually said in his non-apology.

I missed the reason for it, but there is currently a musical break at council and the mayor is dancing with Nunziata. So surreal.

Daniel Dale soldiers on--

ddale8 3:37pm via Web
His statement today didn't come close. I'm proceeding with a defamation lawsuit.

Sad but true. Both CBC and the Star sent out "breaking news alerts". Most people will just see the headline, as per usual, and not listen to or read what Ford actually said in his non-apology.

Dale's reasoning seems sound:

In his "apology," the mayor didn't retract anything at all. Instead, he blamed the media for its reasonable interpretation of his words.

I didn't ask for an "I apologize if." I asked for an "I apologize because I said false, damaging, and unfounded things, and here they are."

So: while I appreciate the mayor's first step, no dad or teacher would accept that apology as sufficient. I would appreciate another try.

Sounds like Ford is getting one last chance to apologize and mean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back