165     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 751     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 621     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the police can keep him in jail for 90 days, he can legally be booted from office, so it's more than just a technicality.

Then he gets out and continues his 2014 run for Mayor.

Ford's ticket was for row 34 but he mistakenly sat in row 35.
Following the tragic passing of Const. John Zivcic this afternoon, Ford told reporters that he had visited the family this past Friday, despite the fact that the accident happened on Saturday. Does this man have no concept of time or is he just constantly lying about everything?

Seat numbers, dates, it's all a little confusing for this man.

Speaking of confusing and magical numbers: Doug Ford is now suggesting that TTC ridership numbers are just guesses. He thinks real ridership number is actually lower.

I've been told that the Chief is requesting staff tasks consistent with preparations for a press conference. Whether it's damage control to preempt the inevitable questions why Ford hasn't been charged despite clear breeches of the law or the announcement of charges, I'm still trying to find out.

If no charges are laid when Brazen 2 is concluded (it's wrapping up), then that's the end of the story until Ford fucks up again. People in City Council tell me that Councillors don't want to shake the hornet's nest. The international media circus is gone, Ford has been put in a box and Norm Kelly is doing his job in bringing in some stability to the functioning of City Hall. I've seen this personally as Councillors who were eager to help me with efforts to force Ford out of office have more recently politely declined to get involved.

If charges are laid, then the hornet's nest will have been shaken again. CNN will be setting up cameras on the 2nd floor of City Hall and a lot of ink will be spilled on the upcoming trial. Councillors who were writing up a request for a 4th special meeting will take it out from under a stack of papers on their desks and ask the Province to give them the powers to remove the Mayor. All the parties in Queens Park are eager to make the man just disappear so they'll expedite the process.

Doesn't Chief Blair only hold press conferences when he has something to announce? If so, my guess is he would hold one to announce an arrest not to announce a non-arrest.

A google search of "rob ford iron bridge scarlett" gave me what appears to be the original posting of the photo on Facebook. It has since been removed but the link does say "Interesting..3 days after the... - The Toronto Star". My guess is 3 days after the Star crack story broke?

Cached version says '3 days after the allegations surfaced', in a post dated June 6. However, the Star published the allegations in May, I think.

I've been told that the Chief is requesting staff tasks consistent with preparations for a press conference. Whether it's damage control to preempt the inevitable questions why Ford hasn't been charged despite clear breeches of the law or the announcement of charges, I'm still trying to find out.

Any idea when the press conference would be?

Cached version says '3 days after the allegations surfaced', in a post dated June 6. However, the Star published the allegations in May, I think.
This appears to be the original posting: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=583316098379618&id=177995342245031 posted on May 24, a Friday. The image a few pages back also says "friday" on it.
Reading the comments accompanying the photo, one kid in the pic said " i offered him gin but he said no, he was happy to see that the bridge was being put to good use by another generation".

Last edited:
Doesn't Chief Blair only hold press conferences when he has something to announce? If so, my guess is he would hold one to announce an arrest not to announce a non-arrest.

Announcing the end of Brazen 2 and its findings would be pretty significant and worthy of a press conference.

Any idea when the press conference would be?

No, just that he's preparing for one.

People in City Council tell me that Councillors don't want to shake the hornet's nest. The international media circus is gone, Ford has been put in a box and Norm Kelly is doing his job in bringing in some stability to the functioning of City Hall.

That could change with the upcoming release of the remaining ITO.

That could change with the upcoming release of the remaining ITO.

If there are no charges laid after Brazen 2 wraps up, that is going to look REALLY bad for Blair and the cops, insofar as there is a shit-ton of illegal activity witnessed in the ITO that the police let pass. I would think they'd have to lay some sort of charge just to save face.

I know MetroMan thinks otherwise but I'm not certain that Blair would have a presser for a non-arrest. If however there's an announcement that Brazen II has ended and there will be no further charges, I PRAY that media will be on their game and get some accountability. And considering some in the shit for the papers and broadcasters in this town, prayer may not be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back