110     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 464     1 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 1.2K     7 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That RoFo bus tour reminded me of an incident where two teens ran into Rob Ford in a park in the middle of the day and in his suit.

I thought it was pretty strange and really surreal back then. This was before Garrison Ball, crackgate and all the substance abuse reports.

That incident was quickly forgotten. I wonder how it ties in with everything else that we know now.

"Couple of pops" in the park.

OK, maybe he's just drunk. Ain't nobody on that much stimulants going to be mowing down meat....or almost any food, really.
Robbie likes his Oxys and Benzos too. He's a classic cross addict with severe mental illness. The only way he is within sniffing distance of functional is because he has an army of enablers and money.

I think you're splitting hairs. I hear that "ch" all the time and it doesn't hurt my ears at all. These kinds of sloppy contractions are common with urbanites, who tend to speak faster than rural folk. It's all about getting the point across in minimal time, diction be damned.

I think there's room for a variety of expressions in... Rob Ford's Toronto. You know, with regular folks and Torontians 'n all.

Yep. It's not so much an accent as a feature of fast speech. With an unemphasised syllable like Tor-, the vowel tends to be reduced or elided, and then there's an assimilation of the t to the r; in other words, in the transition from t to r, the t acquires some 'sh' colouring (affrication), as you might sometimes hear in words like 'try' or 'drink'.

Robbie likes his Oxys and Benzos too. He's a classic cross addict with severe mental illness. The only way he is within sniffing distance of functional is because he has an army of enablers and money.

He is absolutely mentally ill, and I'd even suspect mildly mentally handicapped as well. I'd love to see how he'd stand up to testing in these areas.

Agreed, the lemur. Fast-talkin' tends to slam sounds together, push pronunciations further away from the statistical mean of "correct."

I have to admit, I prefer that fast & casual affrication over the dull, stolid, plodding, carefully pronounced version of "Toronto" - even though I would normally expect better diction from the chief magistrate of this city; I just don't think Rob Ford is capable of such discernment. He probably worries that being too careful of his speech would let down his core voters.

He is a serious alcoholic. He wouldn't be able to function without it.

Ya, this guy is a multi-addict.
Definitely can't just stop alcohol and all those drugs cold turkey.
There is lots of ways to be stoned without it being too obvious.

Opiate patches like Fentanyl, use of a vaporizer to smoke dope, etc....

Being stoned on marijuana still gives you the munchies even if you are on other stimulants.

Ya, this guy is a multi-addict.
Definitely can't just stop alcohol and all those drugs cold turkey.
There is lots of ways to be stoned without it being too obvious.

Opiate patches like Fentanyl, use of a vaporizer to smoke dope, etc....

Being stoned on marijuana still gives you the munchies even if you are on other stimulants.

looks like benzos and pot to me.....

His face looks like either alcohol use or stimulant overdose. I don't know much about benzodiazapines because I never dealt with them.

I'm on a therapeutic level of a Benzodiazepine for generalized anxiety disorder, everyone responds differently to medications but my appetite is the same as it always was. And when did it come up that he's taking benzodiazepines? I recall reading about the Oxy's. (allegedly).

Get your drugs straight people! ADHD drugs arent going to do shit for Mr. Ford. Benzo's will help if he's coming down from alcohol.

Yes, Benzos are helpful during alcohol withdrawal. But you really need to be in rehab if you need to take benzos to reduce your risk of seizures. Alcohol withdrawal kills if you're that addicted. You'll be in a hospital bed. Not at a football game eating chicken wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back