1.7K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 651     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost……

NFHS%20graphics%20study%20White%20Shield%201000x314.jpg

I would agree, and almost EVERYONE is adamant this is the case, but that would also mean someone called Towhey and tipped him off for no reason on the Smith murder's relation to the crack vid, and that Smith's cellphone was stolen from him after he was killed because either Hanad or Hashimi wanted a phone for some reason, and that Smith appeared in front of 15 Windsor Dr with Ford by coincidence, AND if the Vice story is true that Ford just happened to be in running contact with the getaway driver in Smith's murder.

Can I add to the list with two problems I have always had with it? If you go back to the original articles about Hashimi's trial and sentencing, everyone involved and quoted---lawyers and judge---seems REALLY eager to accept his version of events and write it off as a quasi-accident. Two, I have a really hard time with the idea that Hashimi is very impaired on alcohol and cough syrup, a melee breaks out, yet somehow Smith gets shot in the back of the head? You know how people get shot in the back of the head, mostly? By other people who sneak up with the intention of killing them.

I would agree, and almost EVERYONE is adamant this is the case, but that would also mean someone called Towhey and tipped him off for no reason on the Smith murder's relation to the crack vid, and that Smith's cellphone was stolen from him after he was killed because either Hanad or Hashimi wanted a phone for some reason, and that Smith appeared in front of 15 Windsor Dr with Ford by coincidence, AND if the Vice story is true that Ford just happened to be in running contact with the getaway driver in Smith's murder.

My entire view on the matter really depends on your last point. Do I believe the Vice story, or do I think some Ford National made it up and planted it as a 'gotcha!' against the anti-Ford crowd, so they can turn around and say "look how gullible these idiot Ford haters are!"?

The manuvsteele saga here at UT makes me think the Vice story is BS.

My first thought in June was this was a cover-up to protect Ford, but maybe it's the opposite. Or most likely we're speculating grand scenarios in the place of simple explanations.

Is it possible you're halfway right? Maybe this was initially an attempt to protect Ford, but he - and more likely, Doug - simply weren't willing to take even the partial heat that would have necessitated, and so they just refused to co-operate, in that charmingly obstinate, bull-headed "I-Didn't-Do-It-So-Fuck-You" way they have. Accepting consequences (even lesser consequences) for their actions isn't how they roll.

You know how people get shot in the back of the head, mostly? By other people who sneak up with the intention of killing them.

Or they're shot while trying to run away.

Or, and I think we really need to be open to to this possibility...maybe the defence leapt at the manslaughter offered by the Crown because, well, it's a good deal, and because the Crown just plain didn't think they had a slam dunk case on 1st or 2nd degree murder?

I think at some point Occam's Razor has to apply...

Sounds like the Kennedy assassination.

I know, right? I've tried previously to track down articles about the murder, found one by the Star but I'm sure I read others. I remember they all seemed to characterize it originally as a "brazen gangland-style hit" according to the cops (and Joyce Schertzer (sp?) specifically).

Anyway, there's always more speculation. This is where my mind in particular has gotten stuck.

i just have to point to the brilliant rob ford raps made up by reddit users:
http://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/1r2qnk/rob_ford_fitness_consultant_a_convicted_steroid/

the name's rofo, i ain't no rat, i'm a sick mofo.
Ridin dirty in my caddy thru etobicoke,
got mad pussy waitin fo me back at home.

You know i'm ballin, savin billions of dollas.
I smoke mad rocks, but i ain't got problems.
This is a warning call to muthafuckas who wanna brawl,
i'll poke your fuckin eyes out, rush you in city hall.

Respect, fordnation4lyfe *drops mic*

best. Ever.

Has anyone established how Hashimi is connected to Smith and the Dixon Bloods? Like, is he a guy from the same neighbourhood who's not in the gang? Is he a guy from a different neighbourhood who's not in a gang? Is he in a rival gang? Is he in a different branch of the same gang? Did they know each other already or were they strangers? If I'm not mistaken, this has never been discussed...

Just speculating a bit on who "Juiceman" might be. People are wondering if it could be Ford's new trainer, but I think it's more likely to be Payman Aboodowleh. I say this because it's already been established that he has a relationship with both Ford and Lisi. Lisi's been described as being Payman's "enforcer", partly because they were seen together so often. Based on that, the concept of the two of them going over to the Basso's to try and retrieve the video isn't that inconceivable. I also think Ford would be more likely to bring in one of his football friends instead of some random gym rat. It comes down to that whole loyalty thing that the Ford's seem to be fond of.

At the very least, there's also a similarity between the names Payman and Juiceman.

Thanks for posting this. It's crazy that over 40% of his campaign donations came from the 905! As others have mentioned anecdotally he seems to have quite the following in the GTA. I personally know 3 people in York, Peel and Halton regions that would snap vote for this terrible excuse for a mayor in their own city if given the chance

With any luck, Ford will arrive high and proceed to get hammered (or vice versa), then tumble all the way down the Baldwin Steps.

I'm looking for Thompson to call him on his bullshit. We know he's going to go in there with the "gravy train is back on track now that I'm out" line, and Thompson's among the best guys to rebut that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back