1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 957     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 361     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, Torontovibe - cheap shots at his mom?

From the article:

Did she, or did she not say it? Was I misrepresenting what she said or what she meant? Anybody can do a Google search and see what was said? Do you really think she can't afford to pay her taxes? How was what I said a cheap shot, when I was just saying what came out of Mrs. Ford's mouth?

Hey, if the lady can give cheap shots, she can take it. Hypocrisy and bull-shit should always be exposed.

Last edited:
ab6b0cf1471aa099d7acf7b80d0e.jpeg

Brokeback BBQ:

In the leafy confines of his Etobicoke family compound, Rob Ford shares a tender moment with his new fishing buddy, spirit guide and possible future tent companion, Stephen Harper.

"It's just this special feeling I get whenever he comes around", the visibly flushed Toronto mayor admitted, adding "I'm sure a long weekend pulling steelhead trout from a a remote mountain stream in Alberta will really seal our relationship and send a message to all those downtown pinko cyclists about how real men behave in this country."

Accounts of intense nausea, esophageal gagging and intermittent heaving were reported among a number of the associated guests immediately following the encounter. Food poisoning hasn't been ruled out, though toxicology tests on some scattered pork remains and unused BBQ sauce have been inconclusive.

Reuters, AP

Did she, or did she not say it? Was I misrepresenting what she said or what she meant?
It's not about what she did or didn't say - it's about you basically making up the notion that she was the one hosting the barbecue, and if she could afford some wine and beer then she must not be 'hurting too badly' - when it wasn't at her place, nor was she the one flipping the bill.

It's an example of what passes as acceptable swiping around here - taking one tidbit of info and twisting it into something else entirely in order to get off a few punches. The person doing it thinks they're landing body blows when they're really just blowing spitballs from the balcony seats. See the post after yours for another shining example - let's see if making homo erotic jokes is also deemed acceptable (though I won't be the one hitting the report button).

RF has a backyard large enough to hold 700 people, plus government officials' security, yet claims to represent the working-class taxpayer ... BS !
This is Rob Ford's house:

7c2b8671467d979c807855aa0dac.jpeg

It doesn't exactly scream lavish or seem out of line with a regular taxpayer. As for the 700 people, they probably weren't there all at one time or they spilled onto the parkland that runs behind the house. (I didn't know that until 2 minutes ago when I found it on the Star website, but then again I'm not a fan of jumping to conclusions in order to support my smear attacks). Residents are allowed to use parks to have barbecues, right?

That, or the number was overstated. You know, like one million people attended a certain parade or thousands showed up for some protest.

Last edited:

It doesn't exactly scream lavish or seem out of line with a regular taxpayer. As for the 700 people, they probably weren't there all at one time or they spilled onto the parkland that runs behind the house. (I didn't know that until 2 minutes ago when I found it on the Star website, but then again I'm not a fan of jumping to conclusions in order to support my smear attacks). Residents are allowed to use parks to have barbecues, right?

That, or the number was overstated. You know, like one million people attended a certain parade or thousands showed up for some protest.

Wasn't it held at Ford's mother's house? She has the nicer place.

Wow.

His house is ugly. And it probably costs $700,000

Wasn't it held at Ford's mother's house? She has the nicer place.
Both The Star and The Sun say it was at Rob Ford's home in Etobicoke.

Wow.

His house is ugly. And it probably costs $700,000
Accoring to The Star, it was most recently assessed at $865K. Hard to guess what he actually paid for it, though, considering it may have been 15 or 20 years ago - probably about half that.

This is so funny. And the parade numbers have indeed been grossly over exaggerated.

Both The Star and The Sun say it was at Rob Ford's home in Etobicoke.

Accoring to The Star, it was most recently assessed at $865K. Hard to guess what he actually paid for it, though, considering it may have been 15 or 20 years ago - probably about half that.

Not even surprise. 865k though. I thought maybe 750k Oh well.

I think it was at his parents' house (at the end of Weston Wood)--that's where all the Ford BBQs are held...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back