672     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 596     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 734     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all so depressing. The man is a complete mess with his staff propping him up, covering up for him and getting abused by him. Not sure how I feel about them and wonder what I would have done in that kind of situation.

The vote for the motion was 37 to 5. Its the five that's interesting to me. Maria Augimeri, Doug Ford, Rob Ford, John Parker, and Gord Perks voted NO! Doug & Rob, I understand. Its the other three, however.

Interesting that Frances Nunziata and Giorgio Mammoliti were on the YES side. Gloria Lindsay Luby, Karen Stintz, and Kristyn Wong-Tam were absent (Karen is thinking to run for mayor).

Not sure about Lindsay Luby, but Stintz and Wong-Tam were there. They abstained but participated in the discussion.

The vote for the motion was 37 to 5. Its the five that's interesting to me. Maria Augimeri, Doug Ford, Rob Ford, John Parker, and Gord Perks voted NO! Doug & Rob, I understand. Its the other three, however.

Interesting that Frances Nunziata and Giorgio Mammoliti were on the YES side. Gloria Lindsay Luby, Karen Stintz, and Kristyn Wong-Tam were absent (Karen is thinking to run for mayor).

I just emailed my councillor:

Dear Councillor Wong-Tam:

I must say I am very disappointed to just hear that you abstained from voting on two key motions censuring Rob Ford — particularly the one urging him to take a leave of absence. As you know, that one passed 37-5 and it represents the strongest expression (even if it has only symbolic meaning) of Council’s disgust with the mayor’s conduct.

What on earth were you thinking?

I’ll expect better from you on Friday’s move to strip Ford of his powers.

So... savetoronto... Is there another event tomorrow? And Friday? And every day until this menace is dragged away in cuffs?

Haha if you're not reading the ITO right now, you really should be. Cracking read, it just goes on and on, I think tomorrow's papers will include multiple page articles in point form. An example:

Jennifer DWYER (JD) is a former Events Coordinator for Mayor Rob FORD. Through the
interview of Kia NAJATJAN, it was revealed that one night, DWYER had been uncomfortable
driving with RF because he was intoxicated/impaired

a) DWYER advised that she did not have any relevant information to provide the police.
DWYER further advised that she left RF's office over a year ago and has started a
new a career. She did not want to provide a statement to the police but agreed to
answer some questions over the phone.

b) DWYER was asked about the night that she had allegedly felt uncomfortable driving
with RF to an event in North Etobicoke.

c) DWYER stated that the night was not irregular in anyway. She did not feel that
Mayor Ford was impaired nor that he was driving erratically. DWYER was not
scared at any time. DWYER indicated that Mayor FORD made constituency phone
calls in the car that evening, just like he normally does.

d) DWYER said that the only odd thing that happened was when Mayor FORD stopped
at one of his football player's house.

e) She explained that Mayor FORD started driving in the wrong direction to the event;
DWYER asked where they were going. Mayor FORD said that he needed to go to his
player's house but did not indicate why. Mayor FORD said that he would do
anything for his players and that they have nothing. When they arrived at the player's
house, Mayor FORD and the player met outside and proceeded around a corner which
was out of DWYER's view (DWYER didn't find this suspicious).

f) A short time later, Mayor FORD returned to his vehicle and proceeded to the event.
Counsellor Doug FORD was at the event (Temple in North York) when they arrived.

Page after page after page of events like this. READ IT!

Haha if you're not reading the ITO right now, you really should be. Cracking read, it just goes on and on, I think tomorrow's papers will include multiple page articles in point form. An example:

Page after page after page of events like this. READ IT!

How is this man still alive?

Another SAYS FORD SAYS .... does anyone still believe anything Ford says?

Yeah but that's the thing. It's just one staffer's word against another's. And even the staffer who says Ford told him he knew him says there was no elaboration beyond that. Believe me I wish it was more damning but I honestly don't think it really tells us much more than we already knew - that Ford MAYBE knew Smith.

After this summer's resignations, mayor's office offered remaining staff more money to stay; everyone's salaries went up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back