809     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 505     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very nice veiled threat from Doug to Minan-Wong from this morning's interview: "The higher powers upstairs take care of people like that." Higher powers, I guess he's referring to momma Ford.

Last edited:
I win the bingo. Now Doug is claiming he wants Rob to take a couple of weeks. Rob won't listen. Yeah, right.

Please, please let the wiretaps and follow on police investigations reveal dirt on Doug too. This guy would do more damage that Rob if he had an actual position of power.

Does anyone know anything about DECO? We keep hearing that it's a "Successful" business... How successful? Are we talking millions per year in profits? What's the market size for vinyl labels? Who are their competition?

I find it hard to believe that such a niche business can support 5 families (Randy's, Doug's, Kathy's, Rob's and Dianne) all living in rather nice houses, driving fancy cars, and with obvious problems with drugs that usually eat up the funds of other users.

For the record, while I believe that Rob has smoked crack (he's told us so), I doubt he's a regular user of crack... It makes more sense that he's got a powder cocaine problem and will occasionally smoke crack when that's not available.

It seems to me that these folks are living a pretty high life (no pun intended this time, ok maybe a little). Is it possible that they're in some business beyond labels that Rob's position as mayor is crucial to? They seem pretty desperate to keep him in the Mayors chair.

I thought about that too...

Does anyone know anything about DECO? We keep hearing that it's a "Successful" business... How successful? Are we talking millions per year in profits? What's the market size for vinyl labels? Who are their competition?

I find it hard to believe that such a niche business can support 5 families (Randy's, Doug's, Kathy's, Rob's and Dianne) all living in rather nice houses, driving fancy cars, and with obvious problems with drugs that usually eat up the funds of other users.

For the record, while I believe that Rob has smoked crack (he's told us so), I doubt he's a regular user of crack... It makes more sense that he's got a powder cocaine problem and will occasionally smoke crack when that's not available.

It seems to me that these folks are living a pretty high life (no pun intended this time, ok maybe a little). Is it possible that they're in some business beyond labels that Rob's position as mayor is crucial to? They seem pretty desperate to keep him in the Mayors chair.

ding ding ding we have a winner

Maybe momma Ford comes from money? Her demeanour in the interview yesterday certainly screamed Old Money to me.

A very nice veiled threat from Doug to Minan-Wong from this morning's interview: "The higher powers upstairs take care of people like that." Higher powers, I guess he's referring to his mom.

Disturbing - and you know what, at risk of being discriminatory, I think he is trying to appeal to the God squad, unpriviledged and marginalized population - one MSM will have great difficulty attacking if it coalesces around him.

AoD

Meets with a known drug dealer four times a week in the park when he's supposed to be at work, does a ton of coke, used crack in one of his drunken stupors. If this is the majority in Canada then god help us all.

I would love to hear more on this guy's view that crack is a recreational drug.

2008 revenues of CAD 9.9 million, gross profit of CAD 4.9 million. 3 million in total assets, relatively small potatoes but if it's well-run with steady clients, you can basically put a chimp in charge of the business and the rest is auto-pilot. Filing headquarters is in Illinois, *not* Ontario (likely for tax purposes).

Can we please start calling Mom's place the "Ford Compound"? It fits the bunker mentality narrative much better than just seeing it as a house.

Doug said yesterday's video was an isolated incident. WOW
He is going to kill his brother, "I'll take Rob now, the way he is, over ..........". WOW
Go away for a couple weeks, maybe some counselling....WOW
Just fucking WOW

Maybe momma Ford comes from money? Her demeanour in the interview yesterday certainly screamed Old Money to me.

Interesting. To me, her demeanour was hard-as-nails, clawed-her-way-out-of-Nowheresville, therefore-insecure-about-her-status-must-keep-reasserting-it dragon lady.

In some article I read yesterday Doug's move to go to Chicago and set up an American division was mentioned. It said that was an expansion into a market that is, between all players, several billion dollars a year.

Don't they make labels for household consumables? Detergent bottles, pickle jars, that sort of thing. Those would be steady, reliable contracts, with a dependable income stream. A good business. A couple years ago there was a Deco client in North Toronto caught dumping overflow into a creek. Think they filled shampoo bottles and soaps under contract to bigger players. There are all kinds of multi-generation families supported by the production of things we give little regard. Cardboard boxes, and plastic cups. Look at all the money that Frank D'Angelo guy has to throw around feeding his ego. And from what? Apple juice.

I have mentioned here before that I wouldn't be surprised if this is a company that built and kept its client base with a lot of under the table stuff. Doug just seems so sleazy in his gladhanding, backslapping way. And I've heard that he's similar to the old man.

Last edited:
2008 revenues of CAD 9.9 million, gross profit of CAD 4.9 million. 3 million in total assets, relatively small potatoes but if it's well-run with steady clients, you can basically put a chimp in charge of the business and the rest is auto-pilot. Filing headquarters is in Illinois, *not* Ontario (likely for tax purposes).

Gross profit of $5m, take off 25% tax say, divide by five, enough to keep five families going. Probably some trust funds hanging around too. Plus salaries from Deco which are expensed.

The profit margin is crazy though. 50% gross profit? Something's going on there.

Something's been bugging me about the rehab issue. Hasn't Rob already been in rehab? There was at least one mysterious trip to Florida, maybe more? And Robyn Doolittle went down there explicitly to work the rehab issue, but didn't report what she found out (probably stuff in the upcoming book on that)?

If rehab has already been a factor in Rob's life---plus Kathy's life, let's not forget---then why the total resistance now on the part of the Fords? Is it because it would be public knowledge instead of a family secret?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back