903     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.4K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
First and foremost, whatever Randy Ford's ailment, I wish him a swift recovery.

Now that my conscience has been appeased, "a major family emergency" would be the perfect guise for Rob Ford to leave office.

I can see the press release: "Deco is proud to be a family business and it is only because of family that Mayor Ford is taking a leave of absence to manage the family firm during his brother Randy's recuperation."

Ah! So much to respond to!

Why would anyone local drive on Bloor Street for more than a block or two? It's got the faster subway under it ... and it's not as convenient through downtown as many of the parallel streets. I'm convinced that most of those using it are from out-of-town and don't know any better, attracted to it by it's prominent position on a map.

Absofreakinglutely. I made the mistake of trying to drive Bloor once when I first moved to the city. I never made that mistake again. I stopped driving my car entirely except to leave the city within a few months of arriving.

The Don Peat on Ford's shitlist:

He was already there. Don Peat has been refreshingly honest and non sunlike on the Ford matter. He has a great list of all of the questions that Ford hasn't answered.

re: the Amin Massoudi accidental email. Maybe "accidental" to substantiate the idea that Ford could have "accidentally" called Warmington, and the $150 tax payer funded gift basket is a small gift to the "left wing lieberal media" to cover for something that could be seen as much worse, i.e. the actual attempt at intimidation of a member of the "free" press.

Last edited:
Ah! So much to respond to!

Absofreakinglutely. I made the mistake of trying to drive Bloor once when I first moved to the city. I never made that mistake again. I stopped driving my car entirely except to leave the city within a few months of arriving.

The Don Peat on Ford's shitlist:

He was already there. Don Peat has been refreshingly honest and non sunlike on the Ford matter. He has a great list of all of the questions that Ford hasn't answered.

re: the Amin Massoudi accidental email. Maybe "accidental" to substantiate the idea that Ford could have "accidentally" called Warmington, and the $150 tax payer funded gift basket is a small gift to the "left wing lieberal media" to cover for something that could be seen as much worse, i.e. the actual attempt at intimidation of a member of the "free" press.
So, PP Don Peat is on the outs? tell me more?

I third this. I thought that considering the somewhat close stop spacing on the line I would try driving it to see how it compares. The subway is much, much faster. In the east end, Lake Shore and O'Connor make great driving alternatives to Bloor. In the west, Lake Shore is still a good bet in the south, but I am unsure of what would be a good substitute in the north. I recently was on a bus tour as part of one of my classes, and we took Dupont almost along its entire stretch, was alright but nothing great.Not sure how Davenport or St Clair would fare.

Considering the almost kamikaze state Ford has been in over the last few days, especially regarding the Toronto Sun, I am thinking we may be closer to the end of this saga than we realize...

Two things I observed from The Agenda that were interesting:

1. Karen Stintz said that Rob Ford has never had a meeting with her, nor have they ever had a personal conversation. She's the Chair of the TTC for goodness sakes. More proof that Rob isn't the real mayor.

2. If John Lorinc's hair was edible, it could solve world hunger. Also, if strands of his hair could be turned into wigs and purchased by people with hair growth issues -- with the proceeds going to the city -- we could have sufficient funding for transit expansion, across the city.

Oh yeah. Here's Joe Warmington on The Arena, with Michael Coren, re his conversation with Rob Ford:

[video]http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/featured/prime-time/867432237001/ford-f-ing-mad/2759392845001[/video]

Last edited:
Two things I observed from The Agenda that were interesting:

1. Karen Stintz said that Rob Ford has never had a meeting with her, nor have they ever had a personal conversation. She's the Chair of the TTC for goodness sakes. More proof that Rob isn't the real mayor.

2. If John Lorinc's hair was edible, it could solve world hunger. Also, if strands of his hair could be turned into wigs and purchased by people with hair growth issues -- with the proceeds going to the city -- we could have sufficient funding for transit expansion, across the city.

Oh yeah. Here's Joe Warmington on The Arena, with Michael Coren, re his conversation with Rob Ford:

[video]http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/featured/prime-time/867432237001/ford-f-ing-mad/2759392845001[/video]

rofl The Arena? is that the anti-Agenda? I also shared, and laughed at, Paikin's incredulity that the TTC chair has never spoken one on one with the mayor of the city.

Last edited:
Now I'm wondering if this is all leading to something *really* bizarre, like Rob Ford barricading himself in his office or something.

And, three years ago: we all knew there was something abject about Rob Ford. But did we think it'd all come to *this*?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back