903     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.4K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.1K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't implying that he was Woodward & Bernstein redux. But we all have to make a living, right? Getting cozy with Ford probably wasn't a smart move (as he's now learning), but it kept the copy flowing.

I don't know. I just wanted to throw that out there. I'm not expecting everyone to agree.

I get what you're saying, and some of the quotes Ford gave Warmington will come in handy as we learn further details of this story. For example, it's good to have him on the record about "straight arrow" Sandro Lisi.

But anything he gained by becoming #1 on Ford's speed dial (do they still have that?) Is more than outweighed by the fact that he completely destroyed any journalistic credibility that he might have had. He didn't bother asking basic questions. He never even bothered to verify Ford's DUI alibi. A political DUI is red meat for Sun readers, so he obviously gave Ford a pass because he's Ford. He became a laughing stock among his colleagues.

However, by making such a public break with Ford (keep in mind that he kept quiet about at least one other such call), I'm thinking Warmington and The Sun generally are aware of enough information to know that Ford is about to go down hard and ugly. If you're Warmington, you don't cash in your Ford access chips until the last minute, when they are about to lose their value.

Rob is going to be "effing" pissed with the SUN when he reads this

http://blogs.canoe.ca/goodgravy/pol...st-asked-me-to-send-randy-ford-a-gift-basket/

I bet Don Peat gets added to their shit-list.
LOL!

Given the way that Ford whined about the Star and the Ford and their lack of ethics, now a real unethical newspaper is going after them, then this is going to get fun now.

I've never understood why the Sun has been so reluctant to go after our crackmayor. Seems to me they could sell more papers by doing muckraking then they could defending him.

Damn.
I just got back from 3 weeks in the bush of the Southwest USA and thought you people may have rid us of this creature. I think I'll have to leave for another 3 weeks. Maybe Australia... take my ostrich-head-in-sand ploy to a new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back