736     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 670     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 297     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks like his normal rambling self...
Looks better than usual not all flushed and red.

He is totally baked.

Look at how he's spaced out when the question starts. Then he blurts out "Great White Shark" in a weird voice. Then he notices how weird his voice sounds and he laughs. Then his later answers are kind of rambling and go nowhere.

If you've ever smoked weed, you'll know he was high as shit in that video.

He is totally baked.

Look at how he's spaced out when the question starts. Then he blurts out "Great White Shark" in a weird voice. Then he notices how weird his voice sounds and he laughs. Then his later answers are kind of rambling and go nowhere.

This is one of those things that is impossible to prove, but in my experience I would say he does behave like he's recently toked up in that video.

But, weed is not this guy's problem. He's totally nonsensical when he's sober.

Bull. My dad explicitly said 'scatter my ashes, don't get me a headstone or niche that'll cost money.' My mom still got a niche, 'for the grandchildren (non-existent at the time) to visit.' Layton might have been in on the decision or not, but it's not an 'of course' at all. You have NO idea. And I'm someone who voted against him in every election for years.

Olivia began sculpting that piece some time after he passed, as I recall it was her idea (and likely that of the family). I think it was placed on the first anniversary of his passing.

He is totally baked.

I was thinking he looked "slower" than usual. Ativan was the first thing I thought when I saw him. Who knows?

Someone I know works for Karen. What you've heard is incorrect.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt if your info came from Stintz's people. Mine came from Olivia's so it's less direct. If Stintz was in fact contributing strategizing sessions to Laschinger's campaign that he's mounting for Chow then it's hard to see how she would run against it.

Does your source think Stintz has a chance of beating both Ford and Chow? I can't see it happening and from what I've been told, neither can she.

Does your source think Stintz has a chance of beating both Ford and Chow? I can't see it happening and from what I've been told, neither can she.

I have no idea. I barely talk about politics with said source. I only asked this person if Stintz was still running, because you said otherwise. I just wanted to confirm whether your information was right or wrong. What I was told is that she is still running. That's all I know.

You'll notice Jack's grave because it's the only one in the cemetary with a very prominent podium and bust of the the person's head. It's so incredibly tacky in an otherwise beautiful setting.

William Lyon Mackenzie, George Brown and the rest just have normal tasteful headstones. Jack has a huge monument to himself. It's brutal.

A generation from now he'll be forgotten and people will walk thorugh the Necroplis and say who's this guy and why does he have a bronze bust of his head?!

You speak like he's Steve Stavro in Mt Pleasant or something.

And who says he'll be forgotten? If it weren't for the college named after him, George Brown would be just as "forgotten", after all...

THIS. EXPLAINS. EVERYTHING!

Oreos more addictive than cocaine, study finds
AMY VERNER
The Globe and Mail
Published Wednesday, Oct. 16 2013, 10:20 AM EDT
Last updated Wednesday, Oct. 16 2013, 10:34 AM EDT

If you’ve ever consumed an entire row of Oreos – daresay the whole package – only to wonder why and how, researchers from Connecticut College believe they’ve arrived at an explanation.

Your brain might like the sandwich cookies even more than cocaine.

The study subjected lab rats to two comparative tests: saline solution versus cocaine or morphine via injection, and rice cakes versus Oreos. The animals were placed in a maze and allowed to stay wherever they wanted.
Unsurprisingly, the rats didn’t hang around the rice cakes for long.

But when they reached the Oreos – and tasted the “wonderfilled†cream filling – they were happy to stay put, just like when they received the drug injections. By measuring the expression of a protein in the rodents, the students also found that the cookies activated more neurons in the accumbens (the brain’s “pleasure centreâ€) than addictive substances like cocaine.

“This correlated well with our behavioral results and lends support to the hypothesis that high-fat/ high-sugar foods are addictive,†explained professor Joseph Schroeder, who oversaw the research.

Presumably, the study was conducted on rats because the neuroscience team could not administer drugs to adults.

The study was conceived by neuroscience major Jamie Honohan, who follows human behaviour around food. “Even though we associate significant health hazards in taking drugs like cocaine and morphine, high-fat/ high-sugar foods may present even more of a danger because of their accessibility and affordability,†she said in a press release.

Schroeder told Today.com that the findings have left him wary. “I haven’t touched an Oreo since doing this experiment,†he said.

But Oreo aficionados need not worry – at least in the immediate future – that their favourite snack might become contraband. On the contrary. Perhaps cocaine users should consider swapping their costly and hazardous habit for a package of cookies.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...ive-than-cocaine-study-finds/article14885780/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back