223     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 373     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 218     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely take the TTC. If I want to go downtown from Cabbagetown I either drive the car (parking is cheaper than fares for family of four) or ride my motorcycle (free parking), or sometimes walk. All of these are cheaper (accepting that must own car for commute anyway) faster and more pleasant than the TTC.

Driving downtown is more stress than it's worth. It's congested with cars, bikers, people darting across the street, stoplights practically every block. And then there is the parking nightmare. Unless I know for sure that it will be a pleasant drive and that I'll find parking, I always opt for the TTC.

Mammoliti kissing ass, and Rob Ford being a douchebag.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mayor-wants-rec-staff-fired-over-alleged-sleeping-on-job-1.2075287

So ridiculous. Rob Ford LOVES the media attention and when people are talking about him. Negative attention is still attention, and he loves to make himself look good at any possible chance.

Yes, it seems that Rob, Doug and Giorgio (aka Curly, Larry and Moe) are now working together again. It's just so refreshing to see the dream team back to take the heat off the Press Council ruling today.

Last edited:
Question, if I don't vote for Rob Ford in the next election who would be the new most conservative right wing member I could for, for mayor? Based on who we think might run. Is Stinz right of center? I like Adam Vaughn as a left wing thorn in the side of guys like Ford to keep 'em honest, but I sure wouldn't want him actually running things. He'd raise property taxes, shut down the entertainment district completely and make Richmond and Adelaide two way streets. So who could I vote for on the the right other than Ford?

Rob Ford was in the Ripley's Aquarium today.

He said that he likes the Great White Shark's huge mouth full of sharp teeth; it is his favourite fish.

I guess one of his not law/villain based on movies was "Shark Tale", especially for the content of "wise guys".

Question, if I don't vote for Rob Ford in the next election who would be the new most conservative right wing member I could for, for mayor? Based on who we think might run. Is Stinz right of center? I like Adam Vaughn as a left wing thorn in the side of guys like Ford to keep 'em honest, but I sure wouldn't want him actually running things. He'd raise property taxes, shut down the entertainment district completely and make Richmond and Adelaide two way streets. So who could I vote for on the the right other than Ford?

Vaughan is very comfortable in his Council position. I doubt he'll ever make a run for mayor. And Stintz has apparently thrown her support behind Olivia Chow. So your right of centre options are either David Miller's former Budget Committee Chair, David Soknacki, or John Tory.

Speaking of Mammoliti, he used to have his own parking spot at the community centre that was in the news today. Here's a photo of it. And yes, it was once a handicapped spot that was painted over and given to Mammoliti to use. The media, other than CBC's John Lancaster who first tweeted the pic, isn't covering this. Is it a non-story? Anyways, here's the photo:
BWuX1J2CIAA8BMH.jpg:large

Stintz hasn't put her support behind Olivia Chow. She's still running for mayor. MetroMan is usually right about most of what he posts, but I'm not sure where the false rumour came from that she isn't running.

Why does "downtown" get all the subways? It might have something to do with this map. As you can see, in order to "deserve" subway, you have to have high-population density.

In other words, you can have subways, or you can have McMansions - not both.

Population-Density.jpg

I've pointed to this fantastic map of CDL.TO before. It combines both the population and employment data.

One thing jumps out from both maps. The population density on Eglinton east of Kennedy all the way to Kingston road is significant. Seems to me a station on the Danforth extension at Eglinton/Brimely should be included, rather than going straight to Lawrence/McCowan.

employ3.png

I too am a resident of the old city of Toronto so your not paying a greater share than i am. However I was born and grew up in Scarborough. The city is only as strong as its weakest link. Give those parts of the city that need better transit (subways not buses) and it will make for a stronger and more prosperous city for everyone.

Given your use of "your" rather than "you're", you're pretty weakest-link yourself.

I really don't see the need for a spelling flame! Really? Can you not comprehend what he said?

adma is a downtown elitist. how's that bicycle-flavoured latte adma?

Really though, Malvern's "point" was not substantive and not worth responding to.

I live downtown, work downtown. I don't drive, don't have a license. I only take the ttc on bad weather days. Cycling is the way to get around downtown. It is so much faster than any other transportation option. Of course, cyclists have to contend with people like RoFo, who try to mow us down at every turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back