826     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 737     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 567     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trolls are the clowns make all sorts of conspiracy theories up, simply because they do not like the mayor of Toronto. We have ppl make the ridiculous claims of DECO being a front for criminal activity, the Ford's having contacts to the Mob etc etc. But no, they aren't trolls.... the "trolls" are the ones that call them out on this B.S.

oh man you are just so text-book it's hilarious. in every way, you are, in every imaginable way, THE EXACT definition of:

THE CONTRARIAN TROLL.

Contrarian Trolls frequent boards whose predominant opinions are contrary to their own. A forum dominated by those who support firearms and knife rights, for example, will invariably be visited by Contrarian Trolls espousing their beliefs in the benefits of gun control. It is important to distinguish between dissenters and actual Contrarian Trolls, however; the Contrarian is not categorized as a troll because of his or her dissenting opinions, but due to the manner in which he or she behaves:

Contrarian Warning Sign Number One: The most important indicator of a poster's Contrarian Troll status is his constant use of subtle and not-so-subtle insults, a technique intended to make people angry. Contrarians will resist the urge to be insulting at first, but as their post count increases, they become more and more abusive of those with whom they disagree. Most often they initiate the insults in the course of what has been a civil, if heated, debate to that point.

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Two: Constant references to the forum membership as monolithic. "You guys are all just [descriptor]." "You're a lynch mob." "You all just want to ridicule anyone who disagrees with you."

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Three: Intellectual dishonesty. This is only a mild indicator that is not limited to trolls, but Contrarians display it to a high degree. They will lie about things they've said, pull posts out of context in a manner that changes their meanings significantly, and generally ignore any points for which they have no ready answers.

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Four: Accusing the accusers. When confronted with their trolling, trolls immediately respond that it is the accusers who are trolls (see Natural Predators below). Often the Contrarian will single out his most vocal opponent and claim that while he can respect his other opponents, this one in particular is beneath his notice.

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Five: Attempts to condescend. The Contrarian will seek refuge in condescending remarks that repeatedly scorn his or her critics as beneath notice – all the while continuing to respond to them.

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Six: One distinctive mark of Contrarian Trolls is that every thread in which they dissent quickly devolves into a debate about who is trolling whom. In the course of such a debate the Contrarian will display many of the other Warning Signs mentioned above.

oh man you are just so text-book it's hilarious. in every way, you are, in every imaginable way, THE EXACT definition of:

THE CONTRARIAN TROLL.

Contrarian Trolls frequent boards whose predominant opinions are contrary to their own. A forum dominated by those who support firearms and knife rights, for example, will invariably be visited by Contrarian Trolls espousing their beliefs in the benefits of gun control. It is important to distinguish between dissenters and actual Contrarian Trolls, however; the Contrarian is not categorized as a troll because of his or her dissenting opinions, but due to the manner in which he or she behaves:

Contrarian Warning Sign Number One: The most important indicator of a poster's Contrarian Troll status is his constant use of subtle and not-so-subtle insults, a technique intended to make people angry. Contrarians will resist the urge to be insulting at first, but as their post count increases, they become more and more abusive of those with whom they disagree. Most often they initiate the insults in the course of what has been a civil, if heated, debate to that point.

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Two: Constant references to the forum membership as monolithic. "You guys are all just [descriptor]." "You're a lynch mob." "You all just want to ridicule anyone who disagrees with you."

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Three: Intellectual dishonesty. This is only a mild indicator that is not limited to trolls, but Contrarians display it to a high degree. They will lie about things they've said, pull posts out of context in a manner that changes their meanings significantly, and generally ignore any points for which they have no ready answers.

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Four: Accusing the accusers. When confronted with their trolling, trolls immediately respond that it is the accusers who are trolls (see Natural Predators below). Often the Contrarian will single out his most vocal opponent and claim that while he can respect his other opponents, this one in particular is beneath his notice.

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Five: Attempts to condescend. The Contrarian will seek refuge in condescending remarks that repeatedly scorn his or her critics as beneath notice – all the while continuing to respond to them.

Contrarian Warning Sign Number Six: One distinctive mark of Contrarian Trolls is that every thread in which they dissent quickly devolves into a debate about who is trolling whom. In the course of such a debate the Contrarian will display many of the other Warning Signs mentioned above.

I want to know the source of this, so that I can post it on other websites that I frequent, as they are full of these.

Last edited:
Reminds me of Mayor Booker of Newark, New Jersey. This man ran into a burning building to save a trapped woman. He also sheltered dozens of displaced people in his own home when the power went out because of a storm. He personally went out to dig out cars that were stuck in the snow. He's rescued freezing puppies. He even went to go pick up diapers for a woman who couldn't make it through the snow.

If all politicians were like these two men, we'd be in a much better place.

I could easily see Rob Ford doing thsese things. He would be blamed for micromanaging and not doing big picture stuff.

I could easily see Rob Ford doing thsese things. He would be blamed for micromanaging and not doing big picture stuff.

right. Rob Ford would rescue a trapped woman from a burning building, and the press would go after him for micromanaging the situation.

does your petulance and Fordist paranoia have a outer limit, or does it, like the universe, extend into infinity?

Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi is working so hard with the flood situation in Calgary, that citizens have taken to Twitter to demand that he nap. Has anyone ever told Mayor Ford to stop working so hard? I guess he could be working hard--but we never know where he is or what he's doing.

It's somewhat mind boggling that the Cowboy (Ford) gets elected in TO and the world class Mayor gets elected in Cowboy country.

BurlOak:

You could "see" but you can't name any instance of him doing any of these things. However, what we can name is him flipping the bird, coming in late leaving work early, verbally abusing others - Isn't that pretty telling - the image of him vs. the reality of him? Besides, since when did being blamed ever stopped him from doing what he wanted? Are you saying that he is going to start now?

And yes, do recall the recent TCHC seniors' eviction - given his caring self, isn't it interesting that there was no attempt to stop that practice whatsoever during his tenure?

AoD

Last edited:
BurlOak:

You could "see" but you can't name any instance of him doing any of these things. However, what we can name is him flipping the bird, coming in late leaving work early, verbally abusing others - Isn't that pretty telling - the image of him vs. the reality of him? Besides, since when did being blamed ever stopped him from doing what he wanted? Are you saying that he is going to start now?

And yes, do recall the recent TCHC seniors' eviction - given his caring self, isn't it interesting that there was no attempt to stop that practice whatsoever during his tenure?

AoD

Let's not forget the childlike anger and petty retribution, as in the resent events with the pooling compensation, etc. Implying that he will make cuts to social programs, not excluding housing. He first says Wynn should take care of her house, but when she does he throws a tantrum to get special treatment.

Real mature.

The guy couldn't even be arsed to read the TCHC report. That didn't stop him from patting himself on the back and declaring in typical robbie hyperbole and exaggeration that 'no on cares more, no one visits more, no one's heart hurts more folks, I tell ya, folks. Jeez." He's a pandering, sloganeering idiot. He has no vision, no plan and zero abilities. Much the same way he votes against initiatives then shows up for a clumsy PR opp declaring "no on does more for the arts then me. Ever. I'm the best mayor ever who cares about arts more than anyone.'

He's sickening.

The guy couldn't even be arsed to read the TCHC report. That didn't stop him from patting himself on the back and declaring in typical robbie hyperbole and exaggeration that 'no on cares more, no one visits more, no one's heart hurts more folks, I tell ya, folks. Jeez." He's a pandering, sloganeering idiot. He has no vision, no plan and zero abilities. Much the same way he votes against initiatives then shows up for a clumsy PR opp declaring "no on does more for the arts then me. Ever. I'm the best mayor ever who cares about arts more than anyone.'

He's sickening.

This. He's always taking credit where none is due.

He's a populist, not a conservative. We need another true blue conservative in this race other than Karen Stintz.

He's a populist, not a conservative. We need another true blue conservative in this race other than Karen Stintz.

What we need is a more centrist Mayor next election who can bring people together, has a true transit vision and who represents all Torontonians - or at least who is seen to represent all Torontonians.

Otherwise, Toronto in ten years

Sue-Ann Levy moved to the Queen's Park beat.

Starting Monday, some familiar faces will move to new places in the Toronto Sun.

Sue-Ann Levy, who has spent the past 15 years as our fearless, unapologetic voice at City Hall, is moving to Queen’s Park to write on provincial politics from Toronto’s perspective.

------------

Kathleen Wynne to march in the Pride Parade. Will Rob Ford join her, or does the cottage beckon?

Last edited:
crap, now we get to hear even more baseless sh*t about the Liberals, how much you want to bet that her first article will be one denouncing the Liberals on the gas plant fiasco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back