822     1 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 735     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 566     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I think it's just a reference to the fact that the named hotel is next door to Don Bosco and thus a very short crack-addled stumble from the Windsor road crackhouse.

Actually Doug help to expand the company, and was the person behind the move into the USA.

Raw "expansion" of a company and the actual growth behind the smoke and mirrors is two different things--just because Deco's expanded abroad doesn't mean it's actually healthier than when it was more squarely Toronto-based. And there's plenty of cases of Canadian companies which've expanded into the States and fallen flat on their faces--not that Deco's one of them; but I don't think it's nearly the "player" abroad that the Fords are making it out to be.

Or come to think of it, there may be any number of subtexts behind "Deco abroad"--money laundering, industrial or ethics violations; who knows, maybe even drug running. Of course, we're now getting into the *really* paranoid sumthin's-up speculation--but, still. It's like a big big Palm Springs mansion can be a symbol of "we made it", or a foreshadowing of a flimsy house of cards falling down...

Raw "expansion" of a company and the actual growth behind the smoke and mirrors is two different things--just because Deco's expanded abroad doesn't mean it's actually healthier than when it was more squarely Toronto-based. And there's plenty of cases of Canadian companies which've expanded into the States and fallen flat on their faces--not that Deco's one of them; but I don't think it's nearly the "player" abroad that the Fords are making it out to be.

Or come to think of it, there may be any number of subtexts behind "Deco abroad"--money laundering, industrial or ethics violations; who knows, maybe even drug running. Of course, we're now getting into the *really* paranoid sumthin's-up speculation--but, still. It's like a big big Palm Springs mansion can be a symbol of "we made it", or a foreshadowing of a flimsy house of cards falling down...
Would you sign your real name to that statement?

What's up with all this "would you sign this with your real name" crap, the only ones that would not stand behind what they say are trolls. And I think we know they are by now.

What's up with all this "would you sign this with your real name" crap, the only ones that would not stand behind what they say are trolls. And I think we know they are by now.

The trolls are the clowns make all sorts of conspiracy theories up, simply because they do not like the mayor of Toronto. We have ppl make the ridiculous claims of DECO being a front for criminal activity, the Ford's having contacts to the Mob etc etc. But no, they aren't trolls.... the "trolls" are the ones that call them out on this B.S.

Ah, future bilger. just running your mouth as usual, and as clueless as ever.

and here he is again, with his trademark combo of immature hyperbole, and vaguely insulting inferences relating to 'success', 'class', 'status' etc. and implying that anyone who disagrees with him is a unsuccessful bike-riding loser.

Soon he will be lying again about what kind of car he drives. clearly a guy in the grip of feelings of deep inadequacy.

You keep digging up old posts. You need a life. I honestly feel sorry for some of you in here.

Btw, Rob Ford is STILL mayor.... NO video has surfaced... your anti-Ford conspiracy theories are getting whackier.... and there is no candidate on the "left" that has a hope in hell of beating Ford.

You will get Ford for at least another term.

We live in Toronto and in 2013, truth is very hard to find. We have a mayor who told us he just saved the city a billion dollars, a mayor who is also hiding the fact that he has a substance abuse problem. Why not make things up, everybody at the top lies.

The trolls are the clowns make all sorts of conspiracy theories up, simply because they do not like the mayor of Toronto. We have ppl make the ridiculous claims of DECO being a front for criminal activity, the Ford's having contacts to the Mob etc etc. But no, they aren't trolls.... the "trolls" are the ones that call them out on this B.S.

First, I think you should obtain a proper comprehension towards satire, and such. I personally am taking away from these current stories that people are jonesing for new info on the present events. And so they are amusing themselves creating updates for themselves. When the mind wanders so dose the imagination.

Second, have you heard of Schrodinger's Cat?

You keep digging up old posts. You need a life. I honestly feel sorry for some of you in here.

Btw, Rob Ford is STILL mayor.... NO video has surfaced... your anti-Ford conspiracy theories are getting whackier.... and there is no candidate on the "left" that has a hope in hell of beating Ford.

You will get Ford for at least another term.

That's the thing about public records, they keep popping up when you least expect them.

Yes Ford is still "Mayor", however, certainly not a leader, which is what the city needs, not a huckster. I will commend him on selling something that does not exist.

A video does exist or at least it did, there has been more that enough confirmation of that from officials.

I agree with you that unfortunately Ford just may be reelected, but "left" does not have anything to do with it, I think it will come down to proving oneself capable of solving problems, especially ones Ford is not able to confront. He just blames others instead of taking responsibility for situations, not the sign of a leader.

For my part, I haven't been speculating that Deco is a sham operation fronting for some crime like drug-running or money-laundering. If they run three shifts they must have trade as a real business. I'd guess they're like a third-tier supplier to household consumables companies that require large quantities and that provides a substantial cash-flow. But it must be a competitive business, both from domestic and international competitors. Their success from the very start would be dependent on personal relationships, obtaining and maintaining contracts. Probably true for most family businesses that start from the back of a car and end up with a couple hundred employees. I'd simply be curious to know the details behind their business relationships. Everything I know about the Fords says that they believe rules are for other people. And they've kept some creepy company. Maybe Deco isn't that wildly successful or secure a company. They do okay, but perhaps the idea that the family are flush several times over grows from a combination of mythmaking and everyday Ford boastfulness.

Maybe some of us believe, whatever our personal situations, in a form of meritocracy where actual competency and dedication are rewarded, not bluster, lies and targeting. Where inarticulate crackheads who fail to show up for work and who are inattentive to detail don't become leaders of major cities. Funny how the contrarian/libertarian approach here is all about protecting power and privilege, of claiming the right of those who have to have more, to call all the shots.

Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi is working so hard with the flood situation in Calgary, that citizens have taken to Twitter to demand that he nap. Has anyone ever told Mayor Ford to stop working so hard? I guess he could be working hard--but we never know where he is or what he's doing.

Calgary Flooding 2013: Naheed Nenshi And Why He Must Nap

Sample tweets:

“Montreal mayor: arrested; Toronto mayor: disgraced; #Calgary mayor: awake for 40 hours doing his job. #nap4nenshiâ€

You know you have a amazing mayor when... citizens are telling them to take a break! Thank you @nenshi! #nap4nenshi #yyc

#nap4nenshi - Love it! @nenshi - listen to your citizens. Please take a bit of a rest - you look exhausted! xo

Love it. #nap4nenshi - we have a very cool mayor.

Nenshi's own tweet: And with that, a day that started 43 hours ago comes to a close. It included 1 plane, 2 helicopters and 3:45 am and 8:30 pm press briefings

For my part, I haven't been speculating that Deco is a sham operation fronting for some crime like drug-running or money-laundering. If they run three shifts they must have trade as a real business. I'd guess they're like a third-tier supplier to household consumables companies that require large quantities and that provides a substantial cash-flow. But it must be a competitive business, both from domestic and international competitors. Their success from the very start would be dependent on personal relationships, obtaining and maintaining contracts. Probably true for most family businesses that start from the back of a car and end up with a couple hundred employees. I'd simply be curious to know the details behind their business relationships. Everything I know about the Fords says that they believe rules are for other people. And they've kept some creepy company. Maybe Deco isn't that wildly successful or secure a company. They do okay, but perhaps the idea that the family are flush several times over grows from a combination of mythmaking and everyday Ford boastfulness.

Maybe some of us believe, whatever our personal situations, in a form of meritocracy where actual competency and dedication are rewarded, not bluster, lies and targeting. Where inarticulate crackheads who fail to show up for work and who are inattentive to detail don't become leaders of major cities. Funny how the contrarian/libertarian approach here is all about protecting power and privilege, of claiming the right of those who have to have more, to call all the shots.

nice post.

Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi is working so hard with the flood situation in Calgary, that citizens have taken to Twitter to demand that he nap. Has anyone ever told Mayor Ford to stop working so hard? I guess he could be working hard--but we never know where he is or what he's doing.

Calgary Flooding 2013: Naheed Nenshi And Why He Must Nap

Sample tweets:

“Montreal mayor: arrested; Toronto mayor: disgraced; #Calgary mayor: awake for 40 hours doing his job. #nap4nenshi”

You know you have a amazing mayor when... citizens are telling them to take a break! Thank you @nenshi! #nap4nenshi #yyc

#nap4nenshi - Love it! @nenshi - listen to your citizens. Please take a bit of a rest - you look exhausted! xo

Love it. #nap4nenshi - we have a very cool mayor.

Nenshi's own tweet: And with that, a day that started 43 hours ago comes to a close. It included 1 plane, 2 helicopters and 3:45 am and 8:30 pm press briefings

Reminds me of Mayor Booker of Newark, New Jersey. This man ran into a burning building to save a trapped woman. He also sheltered dozens of displaced people in his own home when the power went out because of a storm. He personally went out to dig out cars that were stuck in the snow. He's rescued freezing puppies. He even went to go pick up diapers for a woman who couldn't make it through the snow.

If all politicians were like these two men, we'd be in a much better place.

Funny thing is, you (and spider) seemed to have overlooked the strategic trap-door in my post: "Of course, we're now getting into the *really* paranoid sumthin's-up speculation"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back