103     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 860     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost certainly. And really, in those kinds of places, loyalty counts for pretty much everything. I know we like to knock Ford voters, and probably for good reason, but if he helps and protects these people, they will stick with him because, really, they know that few to no other people care. We need to understand this dynamic in order to get these places the real help that they need and deserve, so they can escape this drug mafia bullshit.

Not saying you're wrong, but it's a false dynamic. They don't get transit. They don't sell their houses, so they don't pay LTT. The difference between a 2% or 4% rise in prop tax is $25. My wife & I talked about the next campaign, and I think it's a relatively easy one: "this city shouldn't be run by a crackhead!" "Did u just call Rob Ford a crackhead?" "Not at all. I'm just saying that Toronto deserves better than to be run by a crackhead."

I think they're holding the rehab card in reserve for that. No sense jumping the gun early if you don't have to. I mean, it's actually sensible, if you think about it. Sleazy, but sensible.

I think their window to play the rehab card expired when they started denying and ignoring everything. I can't imagine they could survive that... despite all the other scandals they've somehow emerged from.

This is turning into a war of attrition with the press, so I think we'll see this deny, deny deny strategy continue, because there is no alternative now. They've burned all their bridges and have no political allies left. It's just Rob and Doug (possibly Holyday) and a few twenty-something assistants left.

This is turning into a war of attrition with the press, so I think we'll see this deny, deny deny strategy continue, because there is no alternative now. They've burned all their bridges and have no political allies left. It's just Rob and Doug (possibly Holyday) and a few twenty-something assistants left.

Good news is that the war of attrition is not currently being lost by the media. The fact that 3 outlets (Star, Globe, Gawker) all reported on the 15 Windsor Rd. house shows that there is a lot of energy left in the press corps.

Good news is that the war of attrition is not currently being lost by the media. The fact that 3 outlets (Star, Globe, Gawker) all reported on the 15 Windsor Rd. house shows that there is a lot of energy left in the press corps.

Anytime the press are around between now and the next election, they're going to ask about this. I can't imagine how an election campaign will go if these questions are still unanswered by then and Ford is running.

Nunziata is still on board, Minnan-Wong, Mammoliti and Holyday appear to be offering some degree of fringe support in public.

but those walls are starting to crumble, and the Sun has behaved "more or less" like a legitimate newspaper throughout the whole scandal.

i'll say it again, most of the people supporting him at this point are doing so out of spite.

the North Etobicoke Tribalists who live in the immediate area where all of this is shaking out are a whole other matter however; as evidenced by Basso granny’s plaintive “greatest mayor ever!” cri de Coeur. but that’s because they have a very big dog in the fight.

nothing can save them, and they will no doubt be wailing like bereaved Nicolae Ceaușescu devotees when The Fraud is finally brought down

I've always said that Ford was elected out of spite. Not because he was any good, or can get anything done, but because he annoyed "the elite" (read: anyone who went to college).

Like any bully, the only way I know to stop them is to punch them back, expose their lies, and never back down. Eventually their supporters will see them for the privileged and spoiled charlatans they are and abandon them.[/B]
[/I]

That's exactly what Ben Shapiro's latest book is about.

Unfortunately they know how to appeal to those with below average intelligence. Using slogans and propaganda, they stir up negative emotions – jealousy, division and hate – to fuel their supporters.
[/I]

ala Hunter Madsen & Marshal Kirk.

Last edited:
What I want to know is, where was Rob's Cadillac Escalade in that neighbourhood? He did take his vanity plate off it. Or was there more than one Cadillac Escalade in the vicinity to throw off the scent?

Maybe he took the TTC to get there? Now that would be newsworthy. It wouldn't be a photo-op. On the other hand... looks like it did turn into an unwanted photo-op.

It's starting to make sense that Ford was so pissed off a few days ago. Gawker and the Toronto Star were lurking around the home where he was filmed smoking crack.

So parse the new information we've got: we now know where the video was filmed and we have photographic evidence placing Rob Ford there. The latter is hard evidence, the former has now given reporters and the Police witnesses. Ford wouldn't have been in that home without the consent of the home owners so let's ask them. If they lie to the police, they're in deeper shit. If they lie to the press, their story will have to be corroborated and lies have a way of falling apart. If they crumble and tell the truth, it's confirmed that there was a tape and Ford was straight up lying to Toronto. Now we also have a home invasion that the police are of course investigating. What do cops do when they investigate? They ask questions and the answers will lead them to Rob Ford. This ain't over yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back