185     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 374     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah Thompson, publisher of Women's Post, claims to have "a" video. Is it "the" video? Whatever it is, it's breaking tomorrow.

well that's an interesting wrinkle

From June 3:

Understanding Toronto’s biggest bullies

http://womenspost.ca/understanding-torontos-biggest-bullies/

she absolutely nails it here:

Even now I can spot the older versions of those high-school bullies. They still don’t fit in, often with radical views and poor judgment. Inheriting their wealth with no need to work hard for anything, they have bravado but lack the confidence that comes from true success. This stunted development (often noticeable in their vocabulary) leads to addiction issues with alcohol and drugs giving them bursts of false confidence. Some are drawn to politics for the power and influence they so desperately need.

These political bullies claim to speak for the average person, pretending to be just like them, they hide their sense of superiority behind crass language and campaign slogans. They loathe minorities, outspoken women, and anything that challenges their status. They pretend to hate the press but need the attention and are drawn to the media, like a moth to a flame. Their lack of personal development puts them at odds with their peers and often embroils them in scandals that seem to be self-inflicted. They work to destroy anyone who stands up to them, deflecting scrutiny, and denying anything that might compromise their support.

Unfortunately they know how to appeal to those with below average intelligence. Using slogans and propaganda, they stir up negative emotions – jealousy, division and hate – to fuel their supporters.

Like any bully, the only way I know to stop them is to punch them back, expose their lies, and never back down. Eventually their supporters will see them for the privileged and spoiled charlatans they are and abandon them.

It looks like she has more than one Facebook.

Both accounts are posting much of the same content. But the account that posted about the video does have some content posted before the other account. So it couldn't possibly just be auto posting content from the other Sarah Thomson page.

Both seem legit to me.

I have a feeling "the video" is referring to the music video on transit that they were putting together:

Sarah Thomson said:
(25 May)
We're creating a music video for transit... Anyone want to be in it? Email me (sarah@sarahthomson.ca) a 30 second video of you/friends dancing to the new pink song "Just Give me a Reason" or a photo with you holding a sign with the words:
"the streets are jammed" ;
"Time is now our victim",
"With gridlock on every road, I know more subway would fix them"
"It's called the Big Move" ;
"Just give us new subways"
"A line of cars is all I see"
"We're all out of time"

But I guess we shall see.

I have a feeling "the video" is referring to the music video on transit that they were putting together:

But I guess we shall see.

Good point. However, Thomson has also posted about the Ford video at least 3 times. The most recent being yesterday while the music video post was made a few weeks back.

And the way she talked about how Women's Post "Has the video" seems to suggest that it is not an innocent music video.

You were away, so I'll fill you in...It has rocked Toronto. Even without the video itself, the mayor has been exposed as incapable of dealing with a crisis. He's pretending he can ignore the biggest crisis in the modern mayorship of Toronto. He's been nothing but calculatingly evasive, the opposite of a leader. He's been exposed as nothing but a populist blowhard. He's been abandoned by his staff and the city council.
Lucky for the TCDSB they can fire football coaches, but we can't fire mayors. I guess we do have to deal with it. Hopefully not for long.

Again, Ignoring the video, he's not answering questions about the picture of him with Anthony Smith. He's not avoiding the video, he's avoiding the issue altogether. This is to say nothing of Doug the Thug's misspent youth.

And yet.... he is still YOUR mayor. Your stuck with him for as long as HE wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back