171     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 979     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.9K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring it on, because there is a whole bunch of us on the other side of the fence just as ready and willing to organize against the side that almost bankrupted this city and turned city hall it into a corrupt entitled fiefdom.

Bring it on, because there is a whole bunch of us on the other side of the fence just as ready and willing to organize against the side that almost bankrupted this city and turned city hall it into a corrupt entitled fiefdom.

When were we almost 'bankrupted?'

You are blathering B.S. "Bankrupt"? "Corrupt entitled fiefdom"? Sell it elsewhere.

images

You were away, so I'll fill you in...It has rocked Toronto. Even without the video itself, the mayor has been exposed as incapable of dealing with a crisis. He's pretending he can ignore the biggest crisis in the modern mayorship of Toronto. He's been nothing but calculatingly evasive, the opposite of a leader. He's been exposed as nothing but a populist blowhard. He's been abandoned by his staff and the city council.
Lucky for the TCDSB they can fire football coaches, but we can't fire mayors. I guess we do have to deal with it. Hopefully not for long.

Again, Ignoring the video, he's not answering questions about the picture of him with Anthony Smith. He's not avoiding the video, he's avoiding the issue altogether. This is to say nothing of Doug the Thug's misspent youth.

You know, I'd like to see the video too. But, I figure it's real because the deputy mayor of Toronto seems to think it's real, because The Toronto Star is a credible source of information despite how many times a known liar says otherwise, because even The Globe and Mail and the Sun think something's up, because I am capable of analyzing events and detecting a massive load of bullshit. If the mayor had not behaved so suspiciously I would not be so certain, but he did and so I am. My brain is not limited to "WHERE VIDEO WHERE VIDEO" while paying attention to nothing else.

They need to start including critical thinking in the public school curriculum, basic logic type stuff. Too many people have grown up appallingly gullible.

When I read Dilla's post, I thought: Post of the Day. But then I also read ThinkRicky's so I have to give it to you both. Bravo! Well said.

Bankruptcy? Ontario cities can't go bankrupt. It is an impossibility. It hasn't happened nor will it ever happen. Not under any circumstance. Ever.

Your kidding right? Facts please.

Ford is at a Tim Horton's for some fundraiser and took a few questions from reporters that CP24 just covered for the last 10 minutes or so. The 4th or 5th question was "Mayor Ford, have you EVER used crack cocaine?", he looked down, mumbled something (inaudible) and promptly ended the questions - "OK, that's it folks", and walked off. He was looking unusually somber throughout the entire affair inside Tim's and then in front of reporters. He has a new staff of "movers and shakers", what could possibly be wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back