News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 398     0 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

Wow, I must've totally zoned out. When was the election?

What? I totally thought the election already happened! Thanks for clearing that up!
I guess I must have voted on Miss Chinese Toronto last week and just mistook it for the mayoral election.

It's funny that the guy campaigning on "stopping the gravy train" doesn't look like he's ever said no to gravy in his life.

It's funny that the guy campaigning on "stopping the gravy train" doesn't look like he's ever said no to gravy in his life.

He'll be SOR-ree...
chow-hound-what-no-gravy.jpg

Good grief ... that's a pretty blatant violation of the election rules.

Ford has to be the most blatantly corrupt politician I've seen running in a race I've been following ... well ever.

I can't imagine who would be naive to vote for someone like this. I'm not seeing people defending him like they used to.

Last edited:
Who needs rules? Let the free market decide whether or not Ford's actions were reprehensible.
What's next ... is he simply allowed to pay people to vote for him? Threaten to murder his opponents so they quit?

There is a reason we have rules. And a career criminal like Rob Ford is always going run afoul of them.

Who needs rules? Let the free market decide whether or not Ford's actions were reprehensible.

Not sure if this is in jest, but if not, you get into problematic scenarios where someone from a well-off background (Ford family) is free to use his personal funds to monopolize the campaign picture.

So he doesn't spend any of his publicly allocated office budget. Do you really think he doesn't do things like write letters or mail newsletters? By using his private funds, there is no oversight into how much he is spending to promote himself and his activities in his ward.

Is that how we want our political landscape to be shaped, by the person who has more family money?

(For what it's worth, I'd give more leeway to the politician or political party who can convince others to pony up cash for their campaign rather than funding it themselves. At least the former is more subject to public visibility and oversight.)

Back