News   Jul 15, 2024
 349     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 510     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 556     0 

Roads: Six Points Interchange Reconfiguration (City of Toronto, UC)

I am still am not a fan of what Dundas is going to look like after this is done--to stay on Dundas you're going to have to turn onto Dunbloor from the looks of it. I just dislike discontinuous streets. They had the opportunity here to finally fix this intersection and it seems like they're doing a half-assed job of it.

I remember coming upon a couple from out of town who needed directions around the Six Points (I wish I could remember where they were going).

I just remember it being a confusing ordeal.

Pretty sure I gave the wrong directions, too.

Last edited:
I remember coming upon a couple from out of town who needed directions around the Six Points (I wish I could remember where they were going).

I just remember it being a confusing ordeal.

Pretty sure I gave the wrong directions, too.

Want to get on Dundas Street West from northbound Kipling? Look for the Dundas Street East sign if you want to go eastbound on Dundas Street West, or the Dundas Street West sign if you want to go eastbound on Dundas Street West. I was confused by those signs, I know the intersection.

If you want to get to Dundas Street East, you have to get on Bloor Street West to go eastbound until you meet Dundas Street West a second time again, then turn right or southbound to go eastbound.

Last edited:
I am still am not a fan of what Dundas is going to look like after this is done--to stay on Dundas you're going to have to turn onto Dunbloor from the looks of it. I just dislike discontinuous streets. They had the opportunity here to finally fix this intersection and it seems like they're doing a half-assed job of it.
Once the new road system is complete, could the city not just rename Dunbloor, Dundas and solve this?

You have 3 roads interacting one another - at some point someone will have to make a turn, or you'd have to grade separate the routes. It's not that big a deal - personally I am more concerned about the width of the roadways.

AoD

Last edited:
You shouldn't have to turn at a traffic light to stay on the same road though.

So, Keele then? Honestly, given the constraints in the corridor, I don't see how you could do it with reasonable curves without grade separation or cutting deep into otherwise developable land and wasting space in order to make a continuous road.

Last edited:
Best solution is the one they are proposing. Do you lose AirMile points or something if you need to make a left onto a street that has the same name?

Best solution is the one they are proposing. Do you lose AirMile points or something if you need to make a left onto a street that has the same name?

Perhaps if we rename the street starting from that left turn, suddenly everything will be ok and the sky will stop falling. Because now it's not the same road! Big whoop.

There was talk a few years ago about an EA to look at extending the St. Clair ROW all the way to Kipling station along Dundas west of Scarlett.

I always thought they could return to the original use of the Guelph radial line that was taken over by the hydro electric power lines.

See link.

humber-bridge_radial-car.jpg

Radial car westbound on the Humber River bridge. 1920

104.JPG

Car 104 approaching Canning Avenue (Cordova Road) from Islington Avenue. 1919.

map_lambton_carhouse.jpg

timetable_1927.jpg

June 26, 1927

dundas-shaver.jpg

Looking east along Dundas Street towards Kipling Avenue. Some of the 150,000 automobiles in Ontario c.1920.

Back