News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.9K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.9K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 690     0 

Roads: Ontario/GTA Highways Discussion

The speed at which the 407 East Phase 1 is being constructed is quite impressive. If it will be open by the end of 2015 then that is excellent news!

the construction contract states that it must be open by December 21st, 2015. If it opens later, the contractor will be paying "late fees".

EXIF data in the photos says they were taken with a Nikon D800, and there is a pro photographer copyright in the metadata as well. I think we can chop this up to incompetent image processing by whoever is running the 407 East Phase 1 site.

You can chop it up, I'd rather chalk it up!

I have some up to date shots of the Windsor project tag on my site as "The Rt. Hon. Herb Gray Parkway" Just put that tag into search and you will get all of them. Those are some real deep beams.

Wanted to do a video run, but traffic was back up in the west with paving of the intersection on Oct 25.

As I said, "late fees". Contractor starts to incur financial penalties.

edit: don't really get where you are going with your post there after reading it a bit more. Design? design is long since done for the first phase. The second phase which isn't done design obviously isn't going to be finished 13 months from now, its not scheduled for completion for another 5 years.

How does a brand new highway get built in a year, but widening the 410 takes 4 years?
Don't have to deal with real moving traffic. Remove all traffic from 410 for a year, you will get it built in haft the time.

As I said, "late fees". Contractor starts to incur financial penalties.

edit: don't really get where you are going with your post there after reading it a bit more. Design? design is long since done for the first phase. The second phase which isn't done design obviously isn't going to be finished 13 months from now, its not scheduled for completion for another 5 years.

Incorrect, people in my company, including myself, are still working on certain aspects of the design for phase one. I haven't been involved in a few weeks but many co-workers are still working on it as of today.

what would still be in design at this point? final landscaping? The carriageways are already laid out and bridge structures coming together..

A couple new pics of the 401 extension from sonysnob / asphaltplanet

WEParkway.jpg

10869451_671992233000_5531766220519101602_o.jpg

Those stones along the slopes and the side concrete barriers inside the tunnel look awful. Overzealous modern environmental and safety standards are ruining the aesthetics of our highways nowadays.

Also why is the section in the second photo paved with asphalt? Why can't the MTO make up it's mind?

Those stones along the slopes and the side concrete barriers inside the tunnel look awful. Overzealous modern environmental and safety standards are ruining the aesthetics of our highways nowadays.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will enjoy driving on a highway that doesn't have flood waters flowing in from the sides during a rainstorm.

Back