News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 441     0 

Roads: HOV lanes

So Rob Ford has admitted to using the lanes by himself. Admitted it with a smile on his face, since the spoiled fat fuck has never had to deal with consequences for his actions.

Seriously, why the hell doesn't he just take the subway?

language please. You can say the same thing without being so vulgar.

1 hr 15 min commute via transit vs a 30-45 min commute driving. Times 2 for the day. Saving an hour of time is a pretty good reason. Plus politicians have to go to events so a lot of the time it's not just to work and back home.

David Miller before him had a driver and he lived near High Park...which is a lot closer and a lot better transit connections.

For the same cost of a speeding ticket and as I understand it no demerit points on city roads (there are demerit points on the QEW) I expect a lot of people will take the risk. I would never and will be annoyed with people that will break this law but others will. And of course our politicians should lead by example.

But that is no excuse for the personal abusive wording that you use.

LOL.. Electrify, come on!

The man just walked out of cancer treatment/serious surgery and you expect him to take the subway?

David Miller before him had a driver and he lived near High Park...which is a lot closer and a lot better transit connections.

For the record, I have seen David Miller multiple times on the subway AND walking from events back to City Hall, so I am not sure what this has to do with anything. Certainly he put where his mouth is on that score.

Driving to work is his prerogative - not following HOV rules and bragging about it publically isn't, especially as an elected representative. I tend not to treat the cancer thing seriously since he doesn't even take transit when he could.

And yes, do take care on the language aspect.

AoD

I think Electrify's use of the F-bomb expletive is 100% justified, considering the context. Ford's comments were absolutely disgusting and disgraceful, and there only so few words to use when encountering it. IMO issues relating to Ford/s should be one of the few exceptions to use the F word on UT (tho I might be a bit bias in that I despise Rob n Doug so much).

I think Electrify's use of the F-bomb expletive is 100% justified, considering the context. Ford's comments were absolutely disgusting and disgraceful, and there only so few words to use when encountering it. IMO issues relating to Ford/s should be one of the few exceptions to use the F word on UT (tho I might be a bit bias in that I despise Rob n Doug so much).

No matter what your thoughts are on Ford (or any other politician) there should be zero tolerance for making derogatory remarks due to ones appearance, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation. (it wasn't just the F-word but "fat f***").

Always take the high road. People make derogatory comments about almost every politician in Toronto and at Queens Park. But I won't (and if I did I would and should be kicked off this site).

Here's one way that someone is trying to stop derogatory comments.
http://madampremier.tumblr.com/
By you doing it or agreeing with derogatory remarks you are or can be lumped in with these folks.

...all while laughing about bobbing and weaving in and out of the lane. (Maybe he's still driving drunk)
As a daily driver, I've seen enough developmentally challenged and self-absorbed drivers almost causing accidents doing the same thing that bloated corpse was having a laugh about. The man's a vile relic.

Lone person in my car and still using the HOV lanes. I guess the hip-hop blasting in the car makes me feel invincible :p

Stupid is as stupid does.
shrug.gif

...Meanwhile, in the other thread, during the 2048 Toronto Olympics, the police pulled over a Google self driving car in the carpool lane. There was no humans in it.

It only had 3 mannequins in it, including one in the drivers seat. Police are scratching their heads.

Last edited:
...Meanwhile, during the 2048 Toronto Olympics, the police pulled over a Google self driving car in the carpool lane. There was no humans in it.

It only had 3 mannequins in it, including one in the drivers seat. Police are scratching their heads.

Meanwhile, during the 2048 Toronto Olympics, Toronto regrets not building the DRL

Meanwhile, during the 2048 Toronto Olympics, Toronto regrets rejecting the DRL
Fixed it for ya.

Toronto might refuse to build it, forcing Ontario to do it.

Then we elect Ford II...

By then, Ontario might have offered it 100% funded including the cost of relocating municipal utilities. With the way things are going, province and federal is trying to parachute transit into Toronto (LRTs) and Ford rejecting that.

Perhaps it was a bit of a lowball going after his weight (especially since I'm in a pretty fragile glass house as it is...), but it is just his lazy lifestyle which allows me enough cognitive dissonance to make him fair game. I don't know his exact address, but my understanding is that he is around Royal York and Eglinton. A prime location to take the bus to the subway to work, an opportunity to mingle with the common man as he so proclaims to be. Hell, from that area he could even ride a bike down to Royal York station and take the train from there. That kind of exercise would do him a world of good. Even a pedal assist bike would improve his health significantly.

I've also heard from sources that he has a literal stockpile of fast food in his office! Once again, glass house here, but I sure as hell don't stockpile the stuff. Few people are health perfect, and I will try and keep the lowball weight remarks to a minimum, but the fact that he is not dead yet is proof that there is no god.

Fixed it for ya.

Toronto might refuse to build it, forcing Ontario to do it.

Then we elect Ford II...

By then, Ontario might have offered it 100% funded including the cost of relocating municipal utilities. With the way things are going, province and federal is trying to parachute transit into Toronto (LRTs) and Ford rejecting that.

Again, Toronto didn't reject free LRTs as much as try to grab the money and use it to build subways. If the province offered to build a DRL (no taking-away of precious road space) then Toronto would be pretty happy. Only Hamilton and Brampton would be dumb enough to reject free transit. But if a re-elected Ford were mayor maybe the city would re-allocate the money towards his Finch and Highway 27 subways.
ford-subway-plan.jpg

Perhaps it was a bit of a lowball going after his weight (especially since I'm in a pretty fragile glass house as it is...), but it is just his lazy lifestyle which allows me enough cognitive dissonance to make him fair game. I don't know his exact address, but my understanding is that he is around Royal York and Eglinton. A prime location to take the bus to the subway to work, an opportunity to mingle with the common man as he so proclaims to be. Hell, from that area he could even ride a bike down to Royal York station and take the train from there. That kind of exercise would do him a world of good. Even a pedal assist bike would improve his health significantly.

I've also heard from sources that he has a literal stockpile of fast food in his office! Once again, glass house here, but I sure as hell don't stockpile the stuff. Few people are health perfect, and I will try and keep the lowball weight remarks to a minimum, but the fact that he is not dead yet is proof that there is no god.

I think we should keep the discussion to infrastructure and leave that stuff to the "Rob Ford's Toronto" thread in general discussion. Personally I would avoid picking on someone's weight, even if I dislike their politics. Food can be an addiction in the same way that drugs and alcohol are, and for Ford all three seem to be a problem.

Tolls coming to HOV lanes, Wynne warns (see link: Toronto Star)

The free high-occupancy lanes (HOV) now in use for the Pan Am Games on provincial highways will soon be offered at a cost to motorists who don’t have enough passengers, Premier Kathleen Wynne reminded motorists Wednesday.

While it’s too early to say which highways will get high occupancy toll (HOT) lanes or when it will happen, Wynne said they are still in the works and will be an “important source of revenue” for helping to bankroll 10-year, $130-billion plan to improve public transit and reduce severe traffic congestion plaguing the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.

“Whether the configurations that have been put in place on provincial roads for the Pan Am Games are exactly what will transpire when we put in place the HOT lanes, that’s not our plan at this moment,” she told reporters after a meeting with Toronto Mayor John Tory (open John Tory's policard).

“What’s important is that we take the lessons from the HOV lanes. I have heard people talking about how they've noticed behaviour changes and that's what putting in place HOV lanes is meant to do,” she added.

Back