News   Jun 17, 2024
 116     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 183     0 
News   Jun 17, 2024
 332     0 

Roads: Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Highway 410 (MTO, U/C, Planned)

An update after driving through this morning: There is a one lane transfer to the express before the 410 from the left lane. Not signed as far as I noticed (yet).

do u mind telling us which direction? east or west? were not psychic

do u mind telling us which direction? east or west? were not psychic

First of all, there is no reason to be rude. Second of all, if you actually read the story, we are clearly talking about the eastbound express moving over to the collectors, so it is the eastbound traffic. This transfer lane wasn't open when I went through this morning though. Had to go all the way past Dixie of course. What a headache.

Anyone else affected by that stupid accident in Kitchener this morning? Ugh!...

This transfer lane wasn't open when I went through this morning though. Had to go all the way past Dixie of course. What a headache.
I went through around 6:30-7:00 and it seemed like there were a number of confused drivers not knowing where it went if they stayed in the lane.

Anyone else affected by that stupid accident in Kitchener this morning? Ugh!...
Yes, but not too bad. The two left lanes were open when I went through around 6, but traffic was going slow. I saw trucks getting over before I saw the lights, so I knew something wasn't right.

I went through around 6:30-7:00 and it seemed like there were a number of confused drivers not knowing where it went if they stayed in the lane.
The signs are up today offering an escape from the Collectors, but there's a backlog because people forget or don't realize they can get over before the 427. I saw a van that was behind me in the backlog before Hurontario pass me when I got into the Collectors again before 427. So it seems like staying in the Collectors is faster than trying to get over immediately.

I've been bypassing this mess by taking the 403 from Erin Mills Parkway to the 410/401 interchange. Sneaking on the the 401 by using the Express Lane on ramp from the 403.

I've been bypassing this mess by taking the 403 from Erin Mills Parkway to the 410/401 interchange. Sneaking on the the 401 by using the Express Lane on ramp from the 403.

thats not a secret. the traffic report is telling people to do that also.

Noticed last night that they've added a second lane for the EB transfer before the 410 and signs to let people know of the transfer before the flashing signs.

Busy bees.

All photos from asplahtplanet.ca

401_cl_341_west_Aug12_colls.jpg

401_cl_341_east_Aug12_Colls.jpg

401_cl_341_east_Aug12_Colls_2.jpg

401_cl_341_east_Aug12_forum.jpg

It looks like the old highway is completely gone in the one direction (so far). Are they rebuilding it from scratch or something?

It looks like the old highway is completely gone in the one direction (so far). Are they rebuilding it from scratch or something?

Yes. they are upgrading it to comply with the current provincial highway standards required to be complaint for a 400 series kings highway. This includes an ontario tall wall to replace the metal guard rail, high mast lighting, 4 paves lanes in each direction instead of 3, as well as a large paved shoulder.

last week they were cutting down the hydro light poles off they were also disassembling the guard rails, and now theyre paving the express, which hasnt been updated in a while

Got caught in traffic EB tonight (10:20pm on Sunday) shortly after Winston Churchill because it was down to 1 lane from Mavis - 410. Didn't expect to see slowdowns the calibre of a weekday morning on a Sunday night. I got off at Mississauga Rd and took the "scenic" route.

Got caught in traffic EB tonight (10:20pm on Sunday) shortly after Winston Churchill because it was down to 1 lane from Mavis - 410. Didn't expect to see slowdowns the calibre of a weekday morning on a Sunday night. I got off at Mississauga Rd and took the "scenic" route.

how bad was it?

Back