News   Jul 17, 2024
 91     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 454     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 995     0 

Roads: Highway 401 Widening - Highway 8 to Highway 410 (MTO, U/C, Planned)

Anyways, getting back on topic,

soon...
soon.jpg

From Asphaltplanet.ca via http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=190293&page=55

Must be nice to have all that spare time.

yeah must be nice

Y'all are ones to speak about "spare time" when you have all the time in the world to respond to everything I write.

When I see incorrect street signs, I send off an email. I wish I'd been the one to get the "Mississauga Rd" sign on the 401 fixed, but alas it wasn't me. I did get a sign that wrote "Britannia Rd" wrong removed though.

Besides, they can put the Highway 5 sign in a museum or something.

Where are these pics on Asphaltplanet.ca? I can't seem to find the new construction pics, only older 401 pictures...

Looks like they were putting up light posts today in the westbound collectors between Hurontario and Mavis. And there's a lane closure this weekend westbound at Hurontario, according to the sign anyway.

I drove in the new collectors westbound at rush hour. They really seem to have made a much bigger difference than I expected. There was a bit of congestion at the new merge point, but it was much less severe than it used to be back at the 410/403.

I drove in the new collectors westbound at rush hour. They really seem to have made a much bigger difference than I expected. There was a bit of congestion at the new merge point, but it was much less severe than it used to be back at the 410/403.

Maybe if you're getting off at Hurontario and not going any further...

Looks like they were putting up light posts today in the westbound collectors between Hurontario and Mavis. And there's a lane closure this weekend westbound at Hurontario, according to the sign anyway.

The signs say that 2 lanes of the Express westbound will be closed, starting Friday at 9PM. I didn't catch the end time. There looked to be a different sign in the collectors, but I was unable to see what it said.

The signs say that 2 lanes of the Express westbound will be closed, starting Friday at 9PM. I didn't catch the end time. There looked to be a different sign in the collectors, but I was unable to see what it said.

From the MTO:

Highway 401 from Highway 403 and 410 to west of Mclaughlin Road including Hurontario Street north and south of Highway 401. Expect delays up to 10 minutes.Highway 401 Westbound Express Lane 2 and Lane 3 closed from Kennedy Road to McLaughlin Road from 9:00 p.m. July 27 to 9:00 a.m. July 28. Hurontario Street Northbound to Hwy 401 Westbound Ramp closed from 9:00 p.m. July 27 to 5:00 a.m. July 30; Hurontario Street southbound to 401 Westbound Ramp closed from 9:00 p.m. July 27 to 5:00 a.m. July 30. Saturday July 28 to Sunday July 29: 401 Westbound Express Lane 2 and Lane 3 closed from Kennedy Road to McLaughlin Road from 10:00 p.m. July 28. 401 Westbound collectors will be closed Sunday July 29 from 1:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. and traffic will be diverted to highway 410 Northbound and highway 403 Southbound. Highway 410 Southbound to Highway 401 Westbound Ramp closed July 28 from 11:00 p.m. to July 29 at 10:00 a.m. Courtney Park eastbound / westbound to 410 Southbound Ramp closed July 28 from 11:00 p.m. to July 29 at 10:00 a.m. Dixie Road Northbound and Southbound Ramps to 401 westbound closed July 29 from 1:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. All Highway 401 Express and Collector traffic will re-open into the new Westbound Collectors Lanes at 10:00 a.m. Sunday July 29, 2012. Sunday July 29, 2012 to Monday July 30, 2012: Highway 401 Westbound Collectors Lane 3 from Hurontario Street to McLaughlin Road. Detour for Ramp Highway 410 southbound to 401 Westbound closure: traffic will be directed off to Derry Road Westbound to Mavis Road Southbound to Highway 401 Westbound. Detour for Hurontario northbound to 401 Westbound closure: traffic will be directed to Brittania Road Westbound to Mavis Road Northbound to Highway 401 Westbound. Detour for Hurontario Southbound to 401 Westbound closure: traffic will be directed to Courtney Park Road Westbound to Mavis Road Southbound to 401 Westbound Detour for 401Westbound collector closure: traffic will be directed to 410 Northbound to Courtney Park Westbound to Mavis Road Southbound to 401 Westbound.

Nope. I was going past Milton. Maybe it was a fluke, but it was far less severe than it usually was in the past.

I gave up taking the 401 home from work after it proved too annoying to take.

Actually the 410 was the worse part. It was fine from Steeles to about Derry but after that it's totally backed up. Sometimes 401 west would be okay. Mostly it'd be stop and go which drove me nuts.

This is around 3:30-4:00 pm

I know, it's terrible. I take it all the time. Have you tried it since the new lanes opened though? I've only done it once, but it really seemed to make a difference. There was no traffic at all up to the 410 going westbound. I'm sure the 410 is as congested as ever.

I know, it's terrible. I take it all the time. Have you tried it since the new lanes opened though? I've only done it once, but it really seemed to make a difference. There was no traffic at all up to the 410 going westbound. I'm sure the 410 is as congested as ever.

Going home? Yeah and at first it seemed to help. But then it was still backed up and slow. Overall it's too much of a crapshoot for me. At least if I take the local streets its more or less consistent.

I don't think it's really going to get better until the do the section up to Mavis, at least for me.

All westbound traffic is in the collectors from 410 - Mavis now. Express lanes are closed. It was odd to see a traffic at 6:45 this morning that far west, but I guess this is the new norm until construction is complete. Don't want to think about what it might be like during weekday afternoons.

Back