News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 452     0 

Roads: Gardiner Expressway

Ya and the real world where staff are allowed to have their own opionion without having to toe the Mayor's line or face backlash.

As a Registered Professional Planner (RPP) Ms. Keesmaat is obliged to protect the public interest above all else. If she fails to uphold the public interest she could lose her professional designation. That doesn't mean planners can't disagree on things, including what is in the public's best interest, but she can't willfully disregard provincial and municipal planning policy, or current planning best practices just to keep her 'boss' happy. If, knowing all the details in all the various public and confidential reports and studies, she feels the hybrid option is not in the public interest she can't say she supports it.

John Tory is sounding shaky. Talking about tunnelling option and further study to make hybrid option better.

And it seems some other people are leaning deferral.

They're legitimately debating studying the tunnel.

no they are not... they are playing politics... they know a tunnel will never happen but they dont know if they have enough votes for remove... so its best to defer then to end up with a hybrid today.... personally i would just like a damn decision to be made.

no they are not... they are playing politics... they know a tunnel will never happen but they dont know if they have enough votes for remove... so its best to defer then to end up with a hybrid today.... personally i would just like a damn decision to be made.

Looks like a decision will be deferred until October.

My understanding is that they voted against the deferral. The debate continues...

Actually, I think you're correct.

In the last vote the voted for motion 1, 2, 3 and 4 in that order, correct? If so, they voted against the tunnel.

I was confused because they had motion 3 on screen while taking the first vote, which I think might have been for motion 1.

I fixed that for you. Every politician is the same regardless of political stripe. Once they're in office, the only goal is to stay in office.
True. Tory does it to a high degree, which is why he got elected, the compromise guy.

Keesmatt does not work for the mayor. The only group of people she arguably works for is City Council and of course the people of Toronto. This idea that she needs the mayors permission to voice her opinion is nonsense. Again, it must be emphasized that she does not work for the mayor.
There was no need for him to be this disrespectful. Tory was wrong here.

Actually, I think you're correct.

In the last vote the voted for motion 1, 2, 3 and 4 in that order, correct? If so, they voted against the tunnel.

I was confused because they had motion 3 on screen while taking the first vote, which I think might have been for motion 1.
The first 3 votes were amendments to the deferral motion, and the last vote was for the amended deferral motion.

Back