News   May 17, 2024
 1.8K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 8.5K     9 

Riverside Towns (was Leslieville Lofts, Hyde Pk/Lamb Dev, 140-162 Broadview, 3s, ?)COMPLETE

how big does the site have to be turn a street car around? the site is deep but is it wide enough for that? I'm curious to know how this would be laid out.

Back from the dead (smaller scale and minus the part that was sold to the city)
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2010/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-31172.pdf

140 – 162 Broadview Avenue – Official Plan Amendment, Rezoning, Site Plan Applications - Preliminary Report

Proposal to construct 65 residential stacked townhouses - 1 level below grade parking - 52 parking spaces

Last edited:
I'm amused that the report says that south of the site is simply "mixed use developments", rather than "Jilly's strip club".

Actually, my hope is that a residential development would help push redevelopment of the Jilly's/New Broadview Hotel building, which despite its current tenants is actually a lovely Romanesque building that desperately needs a better use.

Vic Shtick.

The empty houses to the north of the decrepit former sales pavilion were whitepainted recently, and this morning as I made a glorious progress in my 504 state coach to "work" I noticed that there's a large rendering of townhomes plastered across them showing either the same old houses tarted up or suspiciously similar reproductions of them.

Which is odd since Lamb seems to attach himself to nice looking modern projects.

Maybe the fugliness of this new incarnation is his f-you to the neighbourhood that fought his plans for Leslieville Lofts.

Wouldn't put it past him.

Long time lurker...My first post!

I'm hoping this is the start of much needed redevelopment of the Broadview stretch between Queen & Gerrard.

Anyone know pricing?

All I know is that it starts at $199,000 and the smallest unit on their website is 372 sq ft.

Is it just me or are they missing a front door on some of their floor plans? eg. 1385 sq. ft.

Last edited:
I don't mind seeing more homes with peaked roofs: not every structrure needs to be built of perpendicular box forms jutting out of the basic plan. This design looks like many of our older neighbourhood homes, which of course, are in limited supply, driving up demand for historical-style homes.

Back