News   Apr 24, 2024
 958     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 620     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Last edited:
The Wolf and Firkin, the Elm Street pub (where I once intended to have dinner but fled after having a look at the menu), has closed, and the building is getting an EIFS.

The Starbucks has gone. Anyone know what happened?

starbuxbqm7.jpg

It was one of the locations on their closing list a year or so ago. I'm surprised it held on as long as it did. It was the slowest Starbucks I've ever been in.

California Sandwiches' new location is now open on Yonge and College.

A Gourmet Burger Co. is also slated to be open next door to Cali's.

The restaurant replacing the Wolf and Firkin on Elm Street is called The Elm Tree. The bland new EIFS façade is finished and the restaurant seems almost ready to open.

Anyone know the story on Cactus Club in First Canadian Place and/or Les 3 Brasseurs in Richmond-Adelaide Centre? They've both had "coming soon" signs for (I think) over a year now, but little work appears to be happening at either. When they are finally open, I feel they will both help animate that stretch of Adelaide quite a bit.

Anyone know the story on Cactus Club in First Canadian Place and/or Les 3 Brasseurs in Richmond-Adelaide Centre? They've both had "coming soon" signs for (I think) over a year now, but little work appears to be happening at either. When they are finally open, I feel they will both help animate that stretch of Adelaide quite a bit.

Summer or Fall of 2014. Cactus (and Earls), spend millions of dollars on their interiors - it takes a very long time for construction.

It was spring when the brown paper labelled with the Cactus Club Café logo was first plastered over the inside of a half-block stretch of street-level windows of Toronto’s First Canadian Place. And it won’t come down to reveal the new restaurant behind it until late summer or even the fall of 2014. So any of the thousands of office workers who stroll past Canada’s tallest office tower each weekday and are curious about what the restaurant brand is all about will have to be patient.

While the company declines official comments on build costs, industry chatterboxes peg the price of the Cactus flagship in the Bentall 5 Tower on Vancouver’s Burrard Street at somewhere close to $8 million. And, as that 300-odd-seat restaurant proved inadequate to satisfy local demand, the company followed with another exciting-showcase-flagship restaurant just a five-minute walk away in Canada Place, at Coal Harbour—built for a purported $18 million.

http://www.macleans.ca/society/life/beast-in-a-little-black-dress/

Last edited:
I wish I could find the article where this was reported, but the latest scuttlebutt I read was that we're looking at 2015 for the Cactus Club opening now.

Back