299     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 954     3 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 997     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Ascari at 620 King St W is closing:

Conzo's at Bloor W & Lansdowne will be reopening as Bar Sugo:

Caramel Cafe recently opened at Bloor W & Havelock (couple blocks east of Dufferin):

Ascari at 620 King St W is closing:

Conzo's at Bloor W & Lansdowne will be reopening as Bar Sugo:

Caramel Cafe recently opened at Bloor W & Havelock (couple blocks east of Dufferin):

Ascari comes as no surprise the food was mediocre but also the leases on those King Street West are just too high...

I’ve been to that one, though it’s a bit of a hike out east. I never made it to the king one. But I did like the Queen one. I’m a bit surprised they couldn’t make King W work.

The NBA Courtside Restaurant is coming to 15 Queens Quay East, being run by the Urban Dining Group. This will be a good addition to the neighbourhood that's starting to see its future come into realization from years of living through concept art and renderings.

https://retail-insider.com/retail-i...ing-in-downtown-toronto-interview-renderings/

There are a couple questions:
- is it too far from the "hub" of sports at Scotiabank Arena?
- will people confuse MLSE & Real Sports with this new offering (Raptors/Team vs NBA/League)
- There were rumours of Hard Rock & Gretzkys wanting back into the Toronto market - is this a good sign for the return of immersive dining?

- There were rumours of Hard Rock & Gretzkys wanting back into the Toronto market - is this a good sign for the return of immersive dining?
With the closing of Shark bar @ Yonge & Dundas there's room for either a Hard Rock or Gretzky's there. If the old Pickle barrel space is still empty, there's another possibility.
(Just possibilities though, not facts...anything can go in those spaces, lol)

Krispy Kreme is opening its 6th Toronto location in Bloor West Village (2424 Bloor St. W).

Drove by yesterday, sign is up... building is painted white with green. Doesn't look THAT far off opening. March? April?

Drove by yesterday, sign is up... building is painted white with green. Doesn't look THAT far off opening. March? April?

February 10:
7E8FD153-7347-43AA-BF1B-CAD39BFC9D22.jpeg

Based on a post they made on their IG, the Lakeview Restaurant at Dundas West & Ossington is speculated to potentially be closing at the end of February 2023 after around 91 years in business:

Back