News   Apr 19, 2024
 434     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 9.4K     2 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Based on a post they made on their IG, the Lakeview Restaurant at Dundas West & Ossington is speculated to potentially be closing at the end of February 2023 after around 91 years in business:

They are only closing to refurbish; they will be back open in the near term. They are very much staying in business!

Cross post from the neighbourhood thread: I didn't see it mentioned anywhere here yet, but I noticed passing by that Score on King at the corner of King and Church had all the windows papered over on the inside today. Looks like it couldn't make it through the winter.

Cross post from the neighbourhood thread: I didn't see it mentioned anywhere here yet, but I noticed passing by that Score on King at the corner of King and Church had all the windows papered over on the inside today. Looks like it couldn't make it through the winter.
I've been advised in the other thread there is a sign on the door that they are simply closed for a week long renovation, and they will in fact reopen in the next few days.

A suspicious fire happened this morning at the Myth restaurant at King Street West & Brant Street:

Pic from the article of the damage to the building
:

IMG_0658-1-1024x768.jpg

Lai Wah Heen, a downtown dim sum restaurant located inside the DoubleTree Hilton Hotel has closed:

Lai Wah Heen, a downtown dim sum restaurant located inside the DoubleTree Hilton Hotel has closed:

This would hurt more if places such as MImi/Sunny's and Sue Fong didn't come along in recent years. LWH was the pinnacle of Chinese cuisine in Toronto in its day.

Back