News   Mar 28, 2024
 272     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 325     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 684     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Not sure if it's from the same chain, but I've been to a Mongolian Grill several years ago at Market Village (mall beside Pacific Mall) before it was demolished for redevelopment. I liked the concept too. It's different from Korean BBQ restaurants as the chef cooks it for you, and there's also options to throw in veggies.

Unfortunately, this model of food service is just unsustainable in the current environment. As people go there also for the AYCE factor.

Not happening yet, but this proposal on the horizon at College & Bathurst would mean restaurants like Sneak Dee's, Ramen Isshin, and Quetzal will (may) close in the future.

Shame about Mongolian Grill. Makes me regret not eating there last year pre-Covid.

I wonder if the landlord will look to developing the site now that their tenant is closing.

A couple of updates for the Atrium:
Popeyes is now confirmed to be opening in the concourse Food Court, in the location that was previously occupied by a Tim Horton's Express (not the full Tim Horton's that is on the opposite side of the building).
A restaurant called Moon Garden (粵園) will be replacing the former Spring Rolls on both levels. I'm not sure if it will be full-on Cantonese Chinese cuisine, or an Asian Fusion place like before.

A restaurant called Moon Garden (粵園) will be replacing the former Spring Rolls on both levels. I'm not sure if it will be full-on Cantonese Chinese cuisine, or an Asian Fusion place like before.

I wish it were Lichee Garden again...

Adamson Barbecue has opened a 3rd location at 7 Queen Elizabeth Blvd, Etobicoke (former Habitat for Humanity Restore).
Thursday - Sunday lunch only for now.

A couple of updates for the Atrium:
Popeyes is now confirmed to be opening in the concourse Food Court, in the location that was previously occupied by a Tim Horton's Express (not the full Tim Horton's that is on the opposite side of the building).

The name doesn't sound fusion - it's what Canto-Chinese restaurants would call themselves. I felt the market is a tad risky for that.

AoD

The burger scene continues to be doing well during these times. Burger Drops (Drop Shop), which used to be a pop-up, will be opening up a permanent location at 116 Atlantic Ave (south of King West) on Sept 18.

The name doesn't sound fusion - it's what Canto-Chinese restaurants would call themselves. I felt the market is a tad risky for that.

AoD

Slight correction on my part - the restaurant name is Moon Palace, not Garden. The hoarding is saying "Authentic Cantonese Cuisine - Dim Sum - Cantonese Stir-Fry - Seafood". I'm a lot more excited about it now, as it's not another Spring Rolls "Asian Fusion" re-tread. I'm all up for a proper Canto restaurant option in the Yonge/Dundas area.

20200915_150252.jpg

Don Alfonso 1890 have reopened as a temporary pop-up restaurant inside the Casa Loma, and will be there until they find a permanent location.

Slight correction on my part - the restaurant name is Moon Palace, not Garden. The hoarding is saying "Authentic Cantonese Cuisine - Dim Sum - Cantonese Stir-Fry - Seafood". I'm a lot more excited about it now, as it's not another Spring Rolls "Asian Fusion" re-tread. I'm all up for a proper Canto restaurant option in the Yonge/Dundas area.

View attachment 269709

Interesting that simplified Chinese script is used.

Back