News   Apr 26, 2024
 714     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 245     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 729     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Ruby Watchco. Yet another outstanding restaurant closes its doors. :( I had the prix fixe menu on my last visit there. Food was superb as well as the presentation. You'll never see those menus for take out sadly.

Mistura and Sopra on Davenport east of Bedford, are both now closed:

20201011_102954.jpg

I don't know if this has been posted before..............but Suresh Dosh who covers the local food scene for Metro Morning has posted a map and list of all the places he has highlighted.

I think it's a good resource for those looking to try some place new.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sign at the former Paramount Fine Foods place on Front St East @ the St Lawrence Market LCBO. "A&W Opening soon." This was announced ages ago but the site had been quiet for months but is now active again and signage just went up. More fine dining in the 'hood!

We found out the hard way that the Swiss Chalet on Yonge Street south of Gerrard is now gone when we tried to place an order.

We make a conscious effort to not order delivery unless they do their own. That's one less option for us when we need comfort food now.

We found out the hard way that the Swiss Chalet on Yonge Street south of Gerrard is now gone when we tried to place an order.

We make a conscious effort to not order delivery unless they do their own. That's one less option for us when we need comfort food now.

Really? That one's been there forever...

Not necessarily breaking news as I think it's been open for a few months now, but here's a photo of the Marvelous by Fred patisserie at Queen W & McCaul:

View attachment 278168

I only noticed it for the first time, maybe 3 weeks ago.

I was sorely tempted to go in...........the smell of whatever was baking/just baked was awesome.

But I was on my way elsewhere; and deferred that indulgence to another day.

Have a look at their offer:

Back