News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 772     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Pam's Roti has re-opened, further west on Bloor, at Gladstone. Same delicious doubles and weird green paint inside. :)

After being closed for "summer renewal" for the better part of a year, Grey Tiger has also re-opened. Hopefully they'll be more successful; they were often inexplicably quiet compared to other bars in the area, even though their cocktails were excellent.

Pam's Roti has re-opened, further west on Bloor, at Gladstone. Same delicious doubles and weird green paint inside. :)

After being closed for "summer renewal" for the better part of a year, Grey Tiger has also re-opened. Hopefully they'll be more successful; they were often inexplicably quiet compared to other bars in the area, even though their cocktails were excellent.

Where is Grey Tiger now?

Lee Chen on Yonge north of Bloor has finally closed to make way for 8 Cumberland. They will move to a much smalller space at 813 Yonge south of Davenport.
D4D0E247-FE55-41F3-B61E-95050BE4D28E.jpeg

Attachments

• D4D0E247-FE55-41F3-B61E-95050BE4D28E.jpeg
    D4D0E247-FE55-41F3-B61E-95050BE4D28E.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 703
Greenleafs in the FCP concourse has closed after 30 years.

Porchetta & Co. has opened down there as well.

Occupancy signs are up on the old House Of Lords spot at Yonge & Isabella. New tenant will be ChuResto, http://www.churesto.com/ a growing Asian restaurant chain.

The menu reads like a horror story for someone who does't eat offal. On another note there will be a new Taiwanese beef noodle place called Four Four South Village where the Menchie's used to be just down the street.

AoD

This is really more about a 'food court-like' concept.

But R-I has a story up on a new eating concept way up there at Upper Canada Mall in Newmarket, replacing a portion (40,000sq ft) of the former Target.

What has me intrigued is how it supports local, interesting, gourmet etc.

We all know the mall food experience can be beset by the banal, boring, chain food experience.

To see this in a highly suburban location is interesting.

It won't make the mall redeemable from an urban design perspective, but hey, you can't have everything!

https://www.retail-insider.com/reta...da-food-market-concept-in-former-target-space

Tacos 101 at Dundas and Church is closing Sunday July 29 - but they said they'll be moving to the Bathurst and Bloor area. I live close by and I will certainly miss it.

Maybe "The Social" will get a Taco Bell.

Back