News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 391     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Do we really need more Subways in St. Lawrence? I rarely even see anyone in them. How do they make a profit?

No we don't. And we don't need half of the Tim Horton's cheap coffee and donuts either, but there they are.

There is a Subway sandwich place going into a few new condos, like the grey box at Sherbourne & Richmond St. E and the new condo at Carlaw & Dundas. (the Lamb development) It seems like a Subway is going into so many new condos. The downtown east already has Subway restaurants on lower Church St. near Front, King East, near Sherbourne and Queen & Parliament. Do we really need more Subways in St. Lawrence? I rarely even see anyone in them. How do they make a profit?

I guess Subway will be joining the banks as the retail choice in all these new condos...The downtown core is really going to be exciting 10 -15 years from now.

There is a Subway sandwich place going into a few new condos, like the grey box at Sherbourne & Richmond St. E and the new condo at Carlaw & Dundas. (the Lamb development) It seems like a Subway is going into so many new condos. The downtown east already has Subway restaurants on lower Church St. near Front, King East, near Sherbourne and Queen & Parliament. Do we really need more Subways in St. Lawrence? I rarely even see anyone in them. How do they make a profit?
I think a lot of people get Subway to go, and eat it at home or work. I have 6 subways within a 5 minute walk of my apartment. It's nuts.

Question about Playa Cabana's new place: Are you sure it's a THIRD LOCATION and not a move? Kind of weird to have two restaurants within walking distance (unless it's Starbucks or McDonald's). Or maybe they're turning one into a different concept?

UPDATE: over the weekend I was told that the original 111 Dupont location could possibly become a takeout spot. This information did not come from Dave Sidhu (owner), rather one of the employees (albeit it a long time one) so take that for what it's worth. I have a feeling this could probably happen because the patio has to be removed (complaints from neighbours being one of a few reasons as to why), which will greatly reduce the capacity of the restaurant which is tiny to begin with.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 12 293187 BLD 01 BA Accepted Date: Mar 19, 2013

Project: Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats Multiple Projects

Description: REVISION - to construct an outdoor patio complete with awnings and new door openings. Proposal for interior alterations to Group E shell for new restaurant containing 163 seats on main floor New restaurant is "Canoe Landing". Scope of work does not include outdoor patio or signage. [Orignial building pernmit 07-282125 (450 Bremner Blvd, Block 26W ). Property is also known as 10 and 15 Capreol Court]

CopaCabana Brazilian Steakhouse will open its 3rd location (they have one near Yonge/Eg and Niagara Falls) on Adelaide (just east of Duncan) in another month or two.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5E 1M6

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 13 139078 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 22, 2013

Project: Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to create a restaurant greater than 30 seats in existing vacant space. New tenant is "Bindyia Restaurant"

http://www.blogto.com/restaurants/nejibee-izakaya-toronto

Nejibee Izakaya may be the newest addition to Toronto's ever expanding izakaya scene, but this import direct from Japan is well known across thirty already established Tokyo locations for its regionally specific brand of Hida-Takayama styled pub food.

Owner and chef, Atsushi Iwabuchi, lays the ground work for expansion with this first international outpost that aims to replicate the same lively, vibrant and authentic Japanese tavern experience. The biggest difference? Perhaps that here, the 45-seat dining room is already spacious by Japan standards, not to mention ambitious plans to add 1600 square feet next door and a patio sometime this summer.

The Wellesley address is a little misleading, the entrance being accessible only from the back side on Phipps Street. Once inside, the window wrapped room feels a lot like a modern beer hall with seating options currently limited to benches at communal tables or stools at the teppanyaki bar.

Not sure if many people on here ever went there or not – but McCarthy’s Irish Pub at 1801 Gerrard Street East is closing its doors on Saturday.
A real shame as it was one of the few authentic Irish pubs in the city.

I haven't no - and there's no condo beside it

1801GerrardStEast.jpg

c5 will close April 30.

"Compass Group Canada has operated c5 at the ROM since it opened in 2007. Compass has terminated their agreement with the ROM to operate c5 and, in response; the ROM issued an RFP (Request for Proposal) for a new restaurant operator. However, as only one bid was received, and the ROM would like to consider multiple options, the RFP will be retendered later this year. The objective of the Museum is to re-open the restaurant prior to the new year."

Back