News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 378     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

'Against the Grain' will be opening soon in the southeast corner of the Corus building. What a great spot, I hope they have a big juicy patio.

graincorus.jpg

There was a lot of activity at the infamous Joey's Restaurant at the Eaton Centre today.
That site has been dead for months. Looks like they are making a push to be ready for spring and patio season.

A new pub called The Town Crier has opened on John, just a tad north of Adelaide W. I haven't been yet, but something about its signage, attitude and selection of European beers makes me think it may be an expansion of the Village Idiot Pub (VIP) / Sin & Redemption combination up at Dundas & McCaul. I'll report more once I've tried it!
I got confirmation. It is indeed part of the VIP / S&R empire.

Texas de Brazil coming to Toronto...stay tuned.

There's actually a place just like that around Yonge and Eglinton (on Eglinton east). Forgot the name.
There are several other similar concept restaurants in Toronto already; at least on on the Danforth.

Good though!

I checked the reviews for this place and they are all over the map. Guess there is only one way to find out the truth!

I went to a fetish night in that place about 10 years ago. Took all of about 15 minutes for me to flee.

A Fox and Fiddle is going in the base of 33 Bay/Success Tower next to the Second Cup. It will be interesting to see if this causes any opposition like the CityPlace location.

The Pilot has a great, very large 3rd floor patio that's usually busy in the summer. The ground floor is your regular bar-type of establishment, with a very diverse clientele. Anything from students to Yorkvilleites. Usually sports on the giant screen. It's usually not too crowded so you can find a table fairly easily.

A Fox and Fiddle is going in the base of 33 Bay/Success Tower next to the Second Cup. It will be interesting to see if this causes any opposition like the CityPlace location.

Ugh, those generic corporate chain pubs are so soulless. I guess that makes them the perfect fit for those condos...

Just found out that the Keg at Yonge and Sheppard (Sheppard Centre) is closing down next week. i found out from one of the staff there.

There might be a possibility they will stay in the area if they find a new above-ground location.

It will be missed!

Back