News   May 07, 2024
 508     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 394     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 341     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

meh... screw all the high-end eateries, Dangerous Dan's puts them all to shame :D

My roommate goes there a few times a year, their menu is truly outrageous. The truest definition of heart attack on a plate.

Yeah i read about Jamie Kennedy at the Gardiner closing in the paper. too bad i loved that spot. :(

"As of June 8, our à la carte restaurant at the Gardiner will no longer be operating on a daily basis," Jamie Kennedy said. "The Gardiner Café will take its place, offering light refreshments every day."

http://www.thestar.com/living/article/642136

Last edited by a moderator:
My roommate goes there a few times a year, their menu is truly outrageous. The truest definition of heart attack on a plate.

My favorate menu items (good for a smile) -

The Coronary Burger Special:

2 8oz Patties, 4 Slices of Bacon, 2 Slices of Cheddar and a Fried Egg on top. Served w/ Fries and Gravy, Can of Pop and Mayo as a garnish for sure!
Only $ 14.45

Quadruple C
"Collosal Colon Clogger Combo":

24oz burger served with a quarter pound of cheese, a quarter pound of bacon, and 2 fried eggs. Also comes with a large shake (flavor of your choice) and a small poutine.
Only $ 23.45

Source

The Elvis is to die for, as is the Cereal Killer. I'll get an urge to order some delivery every couple months or so. Under the influence of much alcohol I have also ordered both the Coronary and Quadruple C (on separate occasions); the former left me inert for nearly four hours while the latter knocked me out before I could even leave a dent in it.

Strange tho, my family doctor still can't figure out why my blood pressure is as high as it is.

24 June 2009 photo update

Noticed today that the old photographer's place here:

dsc02213g.jpg

is soon to open as:

dsc02214l.jpg

This intersection is turning French! Clafouti, White Squirrel Coffee and now http://www.nadege-patisserie.com/

24 June 2009 photo update

Meanwhile, up at 984 Dundas St West of Beatrice, fans of my "What Toronto Street is this?" photo thread may recall me posting this photo on 16th June:

dsc01834wea.jpg

Well, I finally popped by today for an Intelligentsia Americano, and can confirm a few interesting facts about the cafe:

1)It's owned by that Peter Primiani, of Toronto house music institution/DJ duo Peter & Tyrone.

2)It's to be called "The Communal Mule Cafe"

3)Peter is a really cool/chatty guy

4)I love the reclaimed wood and vintage furnishings/interior!

5)The coffee is damned good

dsc02203h.jpg

dsc02210w.jpg

Last edited:

Back