News   Apr 23, 2024
 201     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 322     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 556     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Second location of Salad King is now open at Queen and McCaul.

Second location of Ihalo Krunch coming soon to High Park area.

I remember when Ihalo Krunch first opened up on Queen West across from Trinity years ago, the line up was like a 40 minutes wait. The ice cream was good, although the line did overhype it quite a bit. Similar to Uncle Tetsu's when they first opened.

Mean Bao are closing their locations at Village by the Grange, Annex Food Hall, and Leslieville.

They'll be opening 3 new locations though. One on College St a few blocks east of Bathurst (where L'Arc en Ciel used to be), at First Canadian Place, and Union Station.

I remember when Ihalo Krunch first opened up on Queen West across from Trinity years ago, the line up was like a 40 minutes wait. The ice cream was good, although the line did overhype it quite a bit. Similar to Uncle Tetsu's when they first opened.

I'm a sucker for their ube charcoal soft ice cream, but at 7 dollars a cone it's an occasional treat.

McDonalds at Broadview and Danforth has closed
https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2020/12/mcdonalds-closed-location-toronto/

I am honestly not surprised. It was shoehorned in there and not exactly covid friendly. I was in there a couple of times and it was crammed with people on a regular basis because of its size.

On the flip size it was more of a takeout location with very limited seating.

Oh.. and does anyone here remember the McDonald Express locations? I recall there being one at Markham and Eglinton in the 90s. They were takeout only, no seating.

The former McDonalds at Broadview and Danforth is becoming a Burger King. I walked past there this morning and saw signs up indicating as such. Sorry for not having pics but my 108 MP Camera takes 25 MB pictures that will not upload on UT.

The former McDonalds at Broadview and Danforth is becoming a Burger King. I walked past there this morning and saw signs up indicating as such. Sorry for not having pics but my 108 MP Camera takes 25 MB pictures that will not upload on UT.

Ewwww. Burger King is the worst of the big fast food chains.

Pizzaiolo at Adelaide W & John Street will be closing on April 26th:

In a way I am not surprised. Unlike most locations this one is out of the way (literally, it is down a flight of stairs in a basement unit). I would be more worried when the Yonge and Hayden location closes.

In a way I am not surprised. Unlike most locations this one is out of the way (literally, it is down a flight of stairs in a basement unit). I would be more worried when the Yonge and Hayden location closes.

Also not the same without the office workers, and movie, bar/club nightlife goers in the area.

Also not the same without the office workers, and movie, bar/club nightlife goers in the area.

Alot of the clubs in the immediate area such as Fez Batik, Circa and Menage have long since closed and replaced with either shops as was the case with Fez Batik or condos.

I used to work near there managing the Studio 2 condo and found the area to be a hotbed of condo construction at the moment.

Ewwww. Burger King is the worst of the big fast food chains.
Are you serious? What is not to like about the BK Whopper? Probably the best fast food burger out there - far better than anything from A&W or Harvey's and even edging out the Big Mac IMO (Wendy's Baconator might be a toss up) . I'll admit BK fries suck (nothing compares to McDonalds fries) but I would be very happy if a Burger King moved into my neighborhood. I hope this news means that Burger King is in an expansion mode. They haven't expanded downtown in decades meanwhile A&W's are popping up all over like wild mushrooms.

Are you serious? What is not to like about the BK Whopper? Probably the best fast food burger out there - far better than anything from A&W or Harvey's and even edging out the Big Mac IMO (Wendy's Baconator might be a toss up) . I'll admit BK fries suck (nothing compares to McDonalds fries) but I would be very happy if a Burger King moved into my neighborhood. I hope this news means that Burger King is in an expansion mode. They haven't expanded downtown in decades meanwhile A&W's are popping up all over like wild mushrooms.

Burger King does not make a good burger.

You just compared it to irredeemably bad burgers to suggest it was better than some.

While true; that's hardly sufficient.

Among quick-serve places, South St. Burger, Big Smoke Burger and Burger's Priest all produce a much better product than BK.

Back